Week long gas pains?

pawildlife
on 9/10/07 8:48 pm - MIDDLEBURG, PA
I had severe pains in my stomach & back for one week. Went to the ER & they did CAT scan & a lot of bloodwork & finally released me after 5 hours...without any kind of relief from the pains. They told me they could not figure out where the pains were coming from! Pains were in my stomach & back & were so severe that my knees were nearly in my mouth the entire time. Thank God I had pain killers left over from oral surgery as I had to eat an entire bottle just to get through the 5 days of pain. Wondering if the pains were from gas as I've had horrid gas pains on & off since my surgery (RNY) 9/06. Can only drink Lactaid N/F milk but can eat cheese with no problems. Has anyone else ever had anything like this before. I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing my noodles!!!! Heck am now 135# lost around 150. Phyllis S.
Lori G.
on 9/14/07 4:05 am - Troy, NY
Do you still have your gallbladder???? If so did they do an ultrasound and check for stones? I had my gallbladder removed years before my surgery but I will NEVER forget the pain of the gallbladder attacks.. They would start right in the middle of my gut just under my sternum and radiate around into my back. NOT FUN... If they did not rule this out.. Call your surgeon ASAP! Hugs... Lori
Shardisya
on 9/17/07 4:31 am - Goose Creek, SC
it sounds like and ulcer that what i got after my surgery and had same pains
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/19/07 11:58 am - Tucson, AZ
I don't have gas pains so much, but I do have the lactose problem. I too drink lactaid n/f milk and can eat lite yogurt and cheese. My problem is having a bm 2-3 times a day...sometimes more. I have even had a couple of occasions when I did not make it to the bathroom. I don't think it is dumping either because I didn't eat anything to make me dump. I am going to discuss it with the doc at my checkup next week.
Mary Sellers
on 9/21/07 6:26 am - Pace, FL
I just want you to know that I had the same problem that you had and they did all the testing on me too and they told me I had gastritis. That is some serious stuff. They ruled out my gallbladder because i had that taken out in May of this year. They checked my pancryis and said it was fine too and all my work they did on the rny was fine. So all they could tell me was it was gastritis. So maybe that is what is wrong with you too. I will tell you this much it hurt like something I can't describe. So that could be your problem. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 592 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 761 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1102 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1158 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 720 views