surgery scheduled

pslagle
on 9/9/09 8:33 am
Hello everyone! I am new here. My name is Paula, I am 30yrs old.  I am from PA, and am a wife of 10yrs and mother of 3 boys ages 14, 7 and 4. I currently weigh 264 pounds. I just scheduled my surgery today!!! I am so excited. They offered to do it on the 17th but my work wouldnt give me the time off without a 2 week notice, so i had to settle for the 30th. I swear this will be the longest month ever..... I look forward to meeting you all and hope we can give and recieve advice and support from one another.
Paula

momof687
on 9/9/09 10:23 am - Evansville, IN
Congratulations!  I am Karen from Indiana.  I am set for the 28th, and I am so ready.  I am probably 5 lbs. more than you, do you really think we can get down to 130?  That would be awesome.  My surgeon hasn't given me a goal, and I was afraid to hope for too much!  Although we have 6 kids, and my husband works out of town, so it is usually just kids and me.  Our youngest was born really premature 2 years ago and is really attached to me.  He does ok with my husband too, so I know they will be ok.  But they are not looking forward to me being gone.  I think the hardest part will be being away from them for a couple days.  I was hoping to find someone on here with small children too.  I have been wondering how you do right after surgery with small children at home.........

Karen
Stephanie B.
on 9/13/09 10:57 am - Suwanee, GA
Paula...congrats. I'm set for the 30th too. I have three girls.  I'm excited and nervous. We will have to keep in touch so we can share our experiences. I'm ready to rock and roll!! You're right about this month being F...O...R....E...V...E...R! I finished all my pre-op stuff in July and the doc's office didn't submit it until Septemember.  I thought I'd go crazy!
Anyway, good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 941 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1237 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1793 views