I'm still Alive!

Vicki R.
on 6/30/03 9:38 pm - Fair Haven, MI
In August of 2000, I went to see my PCP, she told me if I didn't do something about my weight very soon, I wouldn't live to see my 35th birthday. Scary Stuff! I had the Duodenal Switch on October 6, 2000, and I just celebrated my 35th birthday. It is July 1, 2003. I have actually gained some weight back, but am working on losing it, old habits are returning, and I have trouble sticking to Doc's orders. (No eating between meals.) That was a problem before surgery, and still is. My life has done a complete 360, I was severly depressed, I never wanted to do anything, now I play baseball with my son, soccer with my daughter, all the yard work, and I actually enjoy it. My husband and I get along better than ever, we will be celebrating 15 yrs. of marriage in September and we are taking a trip to the Mayan Riviera to celebrate. I enjoy life again and every day I thank God I found myself again. I was 326.5 at my heaviest, and 179 at my lightest, I have put on 15-20 again, but am seriously working on getting back on track.
pinkpinkycat
on 7/14/03 3:26 am
Hi Vicki, Glad to see you are doing so well. You should be so proud of yourself!! You will loose that 15 - 20 in no time. You should be proud of all you have accomplished. I wish you continued success! Take care, Colleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Garry Bowden
ljdecker · 0 replies · 518 views
GOING TO DR TOMORROW
mooresqueen · 1 replies · 350 views
HORIZON HMO INSURANCE
mooresqueen · 0 replies · 377 views
HORIZON HMO
mooresqueen · 0 replies · 540 views
ANYONE GAINING WT BACK??
mooresqueen · 0 replies · 392 views