weight re-gain

gail1957
on 9/4/08 4:28 am - Frankfort, KY
There were several of you who had been dealing with weight re-gain. I also have gained 20 pounds. How are you doing and any pointers on getting it off??????????
AAKmommy
on 9/9/08 12:56 am - Lexington, OH
Ugh, this is me!  My lowest was 127, WAY too small for my body, then I got up to 157 this past spring!  I'm down to 150 now on my way to 140 (my dr's goal for me)...  I had to re-evaulate what I'm eating and I realized I graze all day!  I started cutting out stuff little by little- first NO MORE chocolate, then no sodas...  It's coming back off, slower than I'd like, but still faster than pre-surgery.  I guess what everyone says is true, you have to be careful forever now....

Good luck with yours!
Rebecca
gail1957
on 9/11/08 6:49 am - Frankfort, KY
Yes, it is easy to get off track. I have a terrible time at night wanted to munch on something. I have been on liquids for 3 days, trying to re-set the pouch and de-carb.So far , so good.
SPICECYN
on 9/22/08 9:00 am - Decatur, GA
I am just at about 3 years out and I have noticed that I can tolerate things a lot more as well as eat a lot more and If I could just leave then dang STARBUCK Triple Mocha's alone....EVERY morning I am sure I could get these last 10-15 pounds off.  THE THING THAT CONCERNS ME IS THAT I MAY BE STUCK HERE????? I HAVE A PERSONAL GOAL OF 140......PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T SO....

BEST WISHES
SpiceCYN
Shelley05
on 9/28/08 5:52 am - Mulvane, KS

I just found this website and am hoping it will be the thing I need to get re-motivated. I too have gained 20 pounds since my surgery on 10/2005. And now I am having extreme chronic 24/7 heartburn which started out slowly about 3 months ago. I am making an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow as I fear my valve isn't working at the top of my stomach correctly. Whether this is due to my poor choice of getting addicted to M&Ms or just something that happened, I will find out.  I have quit the M&M's cold turkey as of last week but the heartburn will not go away. I had a really bad episode 2 weeks ago where I was doubled over in pain from my pouch. My orimary doctor put me on prevacid and as much mylanta as I need but it isn't working. I too, would like to know how everyone that has regained some weight is approaching it. I like the idea that was stated that she is on a liquid diet to reset her pouch. Is it working? I don't eat anything else that I shouldn't but grazed on a 14 ounce bag of M&M's in every 2 days which I have done every day for the past year. When I first had the surgery done, I keep saying " how can anyone go back to eating the things that got them to their pre-op weight " and now here I am. I weigh 158 and want to get back down to 140 by the way.

Gina L.
on 10/21/08 1:06 am - Bryan, TX
My lowest has been 151 during the summer. Towards the end of September, I found myself up to 167.8. I was so depressed, but realized it's my fault. I've picked up a bad transfer addiction, beer. Even though I drink Light beer, it's still bad. So, I decided to cut back on the beer. I also added a scoop of Cappuchino protein to my 1 cup of coffee each morning, upped my water intake to 64 oz a day, focused on eating my protein first (like we were originally told to do) and guess what? About 3 weeks later, I got on the scale and I was down to 157.4! So, the tool still works this far out!! It's so easy to get back into old habits. The one I'm fighting now is drinking with my meals. I really never broke that habit!

Have yall tried the 5 Day Pouch Test? It really decarbs you and you will be amazed at teh restriction you have after 5 days!

Good luck! Happy Surgiversary everyone!

Gina

Gina L
263/162/151/162
Pre-Op/Goal/June '08/Current
26W/8's/12
"Livin' Large, But Not Morbidly Obese!"

SPICECYN
on 10/3/09 7:54 am - Decatur, GA
Thanks Gina,
Excellent advice.  I have got to get back on track because I am getting so depressed and I did it three years ago... why cant I do it now right- after all it the relaxed attitude that had me at my pre op weight and is helping me to slowly crawl back up there.  I am determined to stop it before it gets out of control- I have come too far!  I haven't even heard of the 5 dat oiycg test but I am going to research it.  I am almost desperate!
Gina L.
on 10/5/09 1:05 am - Bryan, TX
Take a look here if you haven't fouund it yet!  http://5daypouchtest.com/

Gina L
263/162/151/162
Pre-Op/Goal/June '08/Current
26W/8's/12
"Livin' Large, But Not Morbidly Obese!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 714 views