5 year aniversary!!!

Jennifer T.
on 1/24/11 4:15 am - Bellingham, WA
Really late but my 5 yr Anniversary was 10/26/10. I'd originally lost 130 from 300 but I was back up to 215. I lost the 15 by myself over the holidays (I have no idea how??) I've started seeing my surgeon again and he recommended me to a medical weight loss clinic.
4 days ago after the EKG and bloodwork they prescribed me (Phentermine) 37.5 at 1/2 pill 2x daily. I feel great as my thyroid has been off the last couple years and my PCP would not up my dose even though my TSH was at the super high end of normal (5.3). So for me the amphetimene part kind of normals me out. So far I'm down 7 pounds in 3 days.
Gaining the 45 lbs scared the heck out of me and I'm going to do anything to get it off. I even had to buy another entire set of clothes because I'd gone from a lg back to a 1x. At least I saved all my too small clothes in the back room with a sticker on them that says "Do NOT Open until under 185" LOL. My biggest weakness was rice, potatoes and bread. I still don't do a lot of sugar and drink only SF things (blue SF Rockstars . I don't even buy real sugar anymore; everything in my house is Splenda.
I'll post more when I see if this works or not.
Jen Taylor
RNY Oct 26, 2005
1 oz. pouch w/100 cm bypassed
300/184/215/150

Michelle M
on 2/5/11 3:04 am - Kapaa, HI
Jennifer T.
on 8/26/11 7:23 am - Bellingham, WA

Well I finally was able to open the bags in the closet. Unfortunately because I'm now 180 even they were too big. Phentermine was definately the key for me. It brought me back to what the pouch did at the beginning and that was not so much the size of the pouch but the physicaly just not being hungery.

I'm 4 pounds below my lowest before starting to gain again. I'm now getting the information ready to have insurance cover PS., extended TT, inner thighs and possibly breast reduction (surgeon said it's exactly like a lift only he would take more off the sides to make up the needed weight for the insurance company.) He can then throw some quick stapels in and start the clock for self pay small gummy bear implants. I can't wait.

Unfortunately my husband and I aren't doing as well. I don't have to do the "I like what you like" game anymore because i was scared nobody would ever want me. Not his fault but we just don't have the same interests anymore. I've found that I'm actually a very outgoing person!!! Who knew?? It's weird to feel like you can try and do new things without people looking at you as the "fat chick". I know a lot of it was in my mind but it's the way I felt. Just because he wants to stay home every weekend doesn't mean I want to. I invite him but I'm not staying just because he doesn't want to go. We'll see, I hope we can come to some kind of compromise because we just celebrated (well non-celebrated) our 20th anniversary....

Jen Taylor
RNY Oct 26, 2005
1 oz. pouch w/100 cm bypassed
300/184/215/150

LisaMarie
on 2/5/11 9:42 am - new york, NY
Congrats to you and all the October 2005 peeps. I made 5 years on Halloween. I have recently over this last year gained back 30 pounds but I am working hard at getting that back off.  I actually just joined Weigh****chers, i want to see if that helps me get back on track. 

LisaMarie   

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 709 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1055 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 809 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1015 views