I have my date!

lizzybear
on 7/1/07 2:21 pm - Olympia, WA
I'm having lap RNY on October 5, 2007. My insurance has a 6-month waiting period from approval to surgery date. They assign a case manager to help you through the process and you submit weekly food & exercise diaries to your case manager. I had my first appointment with my surgeon's assistant on June 19. I am required to lose 5% of my original weight prior to the surgery in October and has of the June 19 appointment I had lost 5.03% so I'm good to go! Only thing left is the letter from the psychologist saying I'm sane and aware of the pros & cons of the surgery. Since I'm already seeing someone to help with pre-existing food issues, my case manager said it would be okay for me to have my regular psych write the letter and submit it for me. Then I've met all requirements and just wait until September for my pre-op lab work and that's it. No pre-op diet, but they want me to try to eat low fat to help my liver be as small as possible for the surgery. I'm thinking I'll do a pre-op liquid diet like so many others do just to be sure my liver's as happy as possible before the surgery. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!
Chubby McFatty
on 7/20/07 2:39 am - Renton, WA
Congrats on your upcomming surgery!!! I know just how excited you feel as I too will have my surgery in October. Hooray for us!!!!
irisab
on 7/30/07 12:56 pm - CA
Congratulations!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts as we both go through this process. My surgery will be in October tentatively. I am thinking about having the Lap-Band but my surgeon and I will discuss this when I see him Friday. I too am excited about it! :-) :-)
jensalens
on 8/13/07 6:39 am - NY
Luckily for me my friend does the scheduling for the Dr. I am seeing. She emailed me today to say she has me tentatively scheduled for Oct. 1 as long as all the paperwork and stuff goes as planned! I am so excited! It makes it all seem real finally!
irisab
on 8/13/07 10:10 am - CA
Hi Jennifer, I will cross my fingers and toes for you. Today I gave my supervisor the lowdown on my October surgery. She hasn't responded yet but she is very busy with all of us in her unit in Payables. I hope I can have my surgery so I can be home and healing by the 10th. My hubby has work commitments beginning the 15th. Please keep in touch!!!! Here's to a healthier us!!! Iris
Angel O.
on 8/25/07 4:51 am - HomeTown, TX
Way to go Jodi! I will be a few steps behind you! My surgery is scheduled for October 22! My surgeon does request a liquid diet 7 days prior to surgery to shrink the liver. It is a protein liquid diet, absolutely no carbs. Carbs as they tell me are what you liver stores which is the reason it is large. Blessings, Angel
lizzybear
on 8/25/07 2:22 pm - Olympia, WA
Well, now I don't know when my surgery date will be. Since I've met all my requirements, my insurance gave me my final approval and I can have my surgery anytime within the next 90 days, so waiting for the surgery coordinator to call me with the new date - they said they may move it up if they can since I'm good to go now. We had just moved it from Oct 5 to Nov 6 last month because I dislocated my kneecap and couldn't walk on it, but I've been working really hard and am back up to being able to walk 30-45 minutes a day. So, the doctor wants the date moved closer again. Hope to hear something next week!!
lizzybear
on 9/22/07 3:28 pm - Olympia, WA
Okay, my date's been rescheduled to Oct 26 to allow time for my knee to heal more. Which turned out to be a good thing they rescheduled from Oct 5 to Oct 26 since I sprained my ankle & tore the ligaments on Labor Day (walking in the back yard and tripped in a mole hole!!). Now I'm hoping I can walk into my labs and be able to walk enough that my surgery doesn't get cancelled!! I heard you have to be able to walk 30 minutes at a time right after you get home from surgery. Hope I'm up to it in time!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views