OCT 22!

Spiritus
on 9/15/07 1:17 am - Hawthorne, CA
FINALLY! I postponed my 8/13 surgery in order to get the new AP Lap Band and finally the hospital will have some in late next week! I will be flying to NY in mid Oct, so the best time for me is the 22! Now, If I do not have to go to NY, then I will try and bump my date up! OCT 22 - gives me time to hit the gym and trade some fat for muscle.
Spiritus
on 9/18/07 11:07 am - Hawthorne, CA
Now, it's Oct 15th! One extra week for me to heal in order to enjoy a Thanksgiving puree!
SallyRhodes
on 9/19/07 12:29 pm - Fullerton, CA
Hey Vickie, I am still waiting for my date, but congratulations on yours! It's looking like mine's going to be the 22nd...ugh. I hate waiting! Anyway, just heard bout the new lapband -- is there a reason why you would choose the new one over the older one? Please I would love to know since it looks like you and I are at about the same BMI...could be important to know such a thing -- ya know? Ok, let me know your thoughts/info....thanks and congrats again, Stephanie
Spiritus
on 9/23/07 12:23 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Sally! From what I read, the new band's width is longer/larger so it covers more of the stomach. The interior "ballon" lines the band completely...and is baffled (pillow like) and is softer. The new band supposedly helps speed the weight loss, although the amount of weight loss stays the same. I have also heard that there are few incidents of getting stuck / pbing/ sliming with the new AP band compared to the first one. All of which are good enough for me to wait for the new AP band..since I plan on keeping my band for at least 10 years! Vickie
SallyRhodes
on 10/2/07 6:31 pm - Fullerton, CA
I am so psyched now that my date is Oct17 -- and now that I now what to ask for...yayayayayayay! Knowledge is power! Thanks again, Vickie!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views