I'm interested in kn...

wendy S.
on 9/20/07 3:55 pm - highlands ranch, co
I'm interested in knowing if anyone with Aetna insurance has any information for me on how difficult it will be to get approved for a revision to my gastric bypass. My bmi is not quite 40 but see a doctor the 5th of October to see if he can help me. Thanks for any information you can supply me with. Micwest
dlduncan14
on 9/21/07 4:11 am - Pasadena, TX
My aetna paperwork was submitted for a revision on 9/04/07 and I received approval on 9/18/07. I am being revised from a vbg to a rout n y gastric bypass. I am still shocked it went so quickly.
wendy S.
on 9/21/07 5:50 am - highlands ranch, co
Dear Donna, Thank you so much for responding to me. Thats great information for both of us. If you don't mind, can you tell me how old you are and what your bmi is? I'm 49 and had gastric bypass in 2003. I started at about 290 and lost 120 lbs. Life was great and then I got sick and put 50 lbs on the last year and a half. I've tried everything but feel like the forces are against me. I see a new doctor the 5th of October here in Denver and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my bmi of 38 and a letter from him will get Aetna approval. I don't really have any of the required comorbidites except a bad back that is about to cause me surgery if I don't lose the weight. Guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed. I can't tell you how nice it was for you to write back. What a great way to start the day. Congratulations to you and best of luck on your surgery. When is it by the way and where are you? Look forward to hearing back from you. Take Care, Wendy (Micwest)
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views