Changes

sarah rushing
on 3/31/08 11:22 am - Lincoln Park, MI
Were 5 months going into our 6th. I have gone threw some ---rather alot of changes. what's changed for you since surgery??
Janet H.
on 3/31/08 11:02 pm - Golden Valley, AZ
Hi Sarah, I too have gone through alot of changes, one being I am getting more out going, and I have found that more people ( people that I don't know) talk to me like in the store, dr. office just small talk. but never before when I weighted 375lbs did anyone say anything to me, so I don't know if it is because I feel better about my self or if it is because I look better? another thing is I am going to traval by plane by my self, which I would never would have done pre surgery, I also go shopping by my self and before surgery most of the time I never left the house. I love my RNY. Janet.
kypenguin
on 4/1/08 1:22 am - Perrysburg, OH
I would say the biggest change I've noticed is my confidence. The start of it was about middle of March, when due to hair loss, I chopped off most of my hair. This was the best haircut I've ever had and from the moment I looked in the mirror after she styled it, I've been more confident and happier. The amount of attention I got from freind/neighbors/coworkers was amazing, and it felt good to finally be seen. And I've just continued to feel like this and have started to change my thoughts to make things more about me. Although I'm still the same person, and will drop everything to help someone out, I'm not forgetting about me anymore. I've also noticed that more people (strangers) are noticing me. Just to walk into a store and have some one say hi, open a door, etc, its something that had never been done when I was MO. ~jenny
andrea K.
on 4/1/08 2:17 am - near Huntsville, AL
WAY more confidence. Its almost a bad thing. My mama said im gettin the big head, but i think shes just not used to me feelin good about myself. As long as i dont go over the top, i see nothing wrong with a lil confidence.
cc.76
on 4/1/08 6:46 am - WI
My hair is my biggest thing. Had LONG hair for years..and now it's shorter than my husbands...damn that hair loss anyways. I feel better, working out is easier, more energy..I look forward to leaving the house.
lizzybear
on 4/1/08 9:21 am - Olympia, WA
Have lots of energy, can do things outside and at work without getting all hot & sweaty and like passing out after walking a block or unloading a cart of equipment for work, fit in some places I couldn't fit in well (turnstiles, seats), don't set off the automatic child safety seat thing on the seatbelt in the backseat anymore! I just generally feel so terrific!! I was sick for 6 weeks and told my mom that even sick, I felt 100% better than I did on a "good" day before I lost all this weight so far.
Laurie M.
on 4/3/08 6:27 am - CA
Hmm, what to choose? So many changes lol. I have MUCH more bounce to my step, I WALK everywhere, I love taking walks now where as before I hated it. I hid in my house and made my husband do all the shopping, I do it now with him and we are a young couple again, giggly, happy, its amazing what weight can do to a person. I just had my 6 month surgiversary two days ago, and I feel as though I have graduated. Into a new life. We are all on this new journey in our lives, young and old alike, we are taking the same steps, I think we all know what its like to be noticed again instead of shunned cause we looked different, we all know what its like to laugh and smile again, and have confidence again. Bless us all, we are rockin it!! Good luck all my October Peeps Laurie
cat59
on 4/21/08 9:49 am - Reydon, OK
So many good things that it's hard to choose.. 1. More flexible-DH likes that aspect a LOT! 2. More energy and feel so good..didn't know I felt bad 3. Healthier cook 4. People notice me, even the men teachers at school are making comments 5. I have a lot of confidence, and I feel sexy again. 6. From a size 24-26 at Lane Bryant to a 14 anywhere I want to go. 7. Wearing my clothes tighter and shorter, but not at hoochie mama standard either. Dh likes that a LOT. 8. My wedding gown officially swamps me. *high five* 9. I feel practically giddy a lot of the time. 10. I can get in and out of the 81 Camaro without rolling in and out. 11. I can sit in a theater seat. 12. I can cross my legs
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views