Monthly Goals - week 1 update

kypenguin
on 4/7/08 7:33 am - Perrysburg, OH
So, its been about a week since I posted my goals, and I'm happy to say, I've stuck with them so far. Well, stuck with the excercise, and the other goal is a result of that. I'm down 4lbs, making it 15 more to go to meet the 100lb mark on April 30th, and I'm really thinking I'll be able to do in in 23 days. I got a few DVD's from the librabry to check out. Tried the dance one , and realized just how uncoordinated I really am. I tried to follow along, but it was a trainwreak. But at least I gave it a shot, and I still worked up a sweatwith what I did do. After that experince, I tried Gilad (i think thats his name), on FITTV. I was able to do that routine a lot easily, and thought he gives detail on how to do an excercise. I'm going to stick with this for a little while and see how it goes. I've also been walking on the "dreadmill" (saw that posted somewhere, and thought it was so cute and appropiate!) everyday for 40minutes. I put the incline at 4, and I've tried to jog a little. Best I did was jog for 2 minutes straight. Its a victory for me either way, since I can't remeber the last time I did that...High School PE class maybe - 14+ years ago! Hope everyone else has been doin gwell. Love to hear about what you've done, or any problems you've been facing.
Janet H.
on 4/7/08 9:21 am - Golden Valley, AZ
I am not doing so good with my goals, last week, maybe this week I will give it a try, I just can't get moving, I did work in the yard all weekend, which I would have never been able todo before WLS. I do want to say Jenny you are doing great, and congrat on meeting you goals this last week, I sure you will be able to do it again this week and in no time you will be running on your treadmill for as long as you want to, keep up the good work. Janet H.
kypenguin
on 4/8/08 12:26 am - Perrysburg, OH
Hey Janet! So you didn't walk as much as you wanted to, but doing yard work is an awesome exercise. Just think of all the different motions you put your body thru, lifting and pulling, and if you're anything like me...all the walking you did back and forth to the shed for a spade, and then a rake, etc, etc And now, just look at this week as another opportunity to try again. Just lace up the sneakers, and take a walk around the neighborhood. Enjoy the budding trees and first blooms. Make it more about enjoyment and nature, than exercise. Good luck! And we're always here for any support you need! ~jenny
andrea K.
on 4/8/08 5:03 am - near Huntsville, AL
Well im a pound closer to my goal. I wanted to get to onderland and was at 210 last week and Sunday I weighed in at 209. 10 more pounds in 2 weeks. I dont know if I can do it.
kypenguin
on 4/21/08 7:28 am - Perrysburg, OH
How's everything going? Hope your getting closer to your goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views