6 months out and some thoughts!

Kristy R.
on 4/24/08 9:46 am - Payette, ID
Hello, Yesterday was 6 months out of gastric byapss and I have sat here the past two days and I reflect on how my life has changed just in the last 6 months, well really since 8-8-07 on the pre-op liquid and cabbage diet I did tp get my BMI under 60 for the Surgery. From 8-8-07 to 10-22-07preop diet then 10-23-07 came around and I was scared, nervious, and wondering what to expect after this life changing surgery, it was a gift from God. I was so sick prior to this surgery and feel so blessed to have my labs show that I am healthy, no diabeties, no hypertension, AND IF YOU KNOW MY STORY PRIOR TO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY NO HEAVEY, NASTY, OUT OF CONTROL Bleeding I am getting depo shots every 4 weeks due to break thru bleeding but nothing like it was prior to surgery. I just want to Thank one my self for staying strong and having my head on straight, my husband, my child, my family, Dr. Oakley, And my friends everywhere! I started this journey at 400.5 pounds on 8-8-07, then surgery I was 363 and yesterday at 6 months I was 262 so I have lost 101 since surgery and 138 since I met Dr. Oakley the on 8-8-07. Alot of weight gone, and I have a long way to go but taking it one day at a time. I am feeling fantastic! God Bless you all! Kristy
deb_m
on 4/24/08 9:20 pm - Sanford, NC
Wow Kristy, congrats on 138 pounds gone. It sure makes a difference in your life, doesn't it? What a gift this surgery has been for all of us.
WLS OCT 2.
on 4/25/08 2:01 am - Tampa, FL
WTG, kristy!!! Congrats on your wt loss!!
lizzybear
on 4/26/08 8:21 am - Olympia, WA
Awesome job Kristy! Six months seems to be a good time to reflect on where we're at. Today's my six month date and I've been doing that a lot today. It's amazing how this surgery and tool has changed our lives and helped us become healthier, more active, and so much happier than ever thought possible. You're doing terrific - keep up the great work!
Gina C.
on 4/27/08 3:31 am - North Hollywood, CA
Congratulations on your wonderful success throughout this incredible journey, Kristy! You and I surgery date twins ;) It has been an amazing experience and I too feel genuinely blessed to have been given this chance to get healthy. No more diabetes or high blood pressure for me either! Whoo Hooo! May each and every day be filled with precious moments!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views