Does anyone else drink liquids while eating?

busdriver73
on 4/28/08 9:48 am - sellersburg, IN
I can't seem to eat unless I have something to drink with it! I feel like I'm defeating the purpose of the surgery!! I have always had to have something to drink while eating even before my surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions? My doctor told me not to drink w/ eating because it makes you hungry quicker. Then my mother in law whom had the surgery 1.5 years ago said "I bet you've already streched out your stomach doing that!" I was mad and scared at the same time!! I thought, I went through all this and now my stomach is probably the size of a watermelon again!!! I had my surgery on 10/30/07 and I've lost 80lbs. I feel that I'm with the rest of you losers (lol) on the weight lose wagon.....but I have noticed that I have been losing very slow......please give me some feedback on what you think!! keep up the great work everyone!!!! Your Friend, Amy Crump
andrea K.
on 4/29/08 1:56 am - near Huntsville, AL
dont dont dont drink with your meals. our dr's tells us this for a reason. i know how hard it is at first but it becomes routine. i cant believe it doesnt bother you when you drink with your meals. ive taking a sip once it hurt so bad i wouldnt try it again for anything. just try to do better.
Janet H.
on 4/30/08 5:39 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Hi Amy, Please don't drink when you eat. No I don't. I too was a big drinker when I would eat. two pepsi. big glass of milk, it did not matter. but I don't do it now. you just have to learn to have new eatting habits. you can do it if I can. take care. Janet.
sarah rushing
on 4/30/08 8:08 am - Lincoln Park, MI
I always drink while I eat can't just not have something to drink while I eat. I break lot's of rules from what I am finding.
gbsanderson
on 9/16/08 9:46 am - BEULAVILLE, NC
I always drink or actually I should say sip when I eat , I sip on anything I want to drink including sweet tea and regular pepsi and mt. Dew. I must not be doing something to terribly wrong because I have dropped 128 lbs in 11 months and still losing a little. I have gone from a size 22 in pants to a size 2.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views