I made Goal!!!

deb_m
on 6/11/08 11:02 am - Sanford, NC
I made it, I made it! I weighed in this morning at goal...149 pounds! My hubby is gone this week, so my "official" after pictures and measurements will have to wait until he's back. More details to follow after that with comparison pictures and more. I'm too excited to compile my thoughts today!!! But I wanted to make sure to document the day. So, that's it! Wednesday, June 11th, 2008. 8 months and 2 days from surgery, 100 pounds gone, goal achieved!
andrea K.
on 6/12/08 4:47 am - near Huntsville, AL
WOW thats fantastic. Im jealous. What an inspiration.
deb_m
on 6/13/08 12:48 am - Sanford, NC
Thanks Andrea! You'll be there in no time!
Kathie L.
on 6/15/08 2:19 am - Castaic, CA
Hi Deb, Congratulations! I reached my goal the same week as you. I don't know about you, however I'm truly scared about maintenance and adding additional calories, not wanting to gain or lose. It's easy for me to diet and I've reached my goal weight at least 5 other times in my life. Now, the hard part begins with MAINTENANCE. I intellectually know that I need to start by adding an extra 100 calories per week and see just exactly what my body needs to maintain. However, my head is the problem, and I'm finding it very hard to allow myself those extra calories. What are your plans for maintenance and do you have any fears? Congratulations once again. Kathie (hip) from California WLS: 10/23/07 - weight 260 Total hip replacement: 5/21/08 - weight 174 Today's weight - 157 Height: 5'8" (size 8-10) P.S. I love my surgeries and life back!
deb_m
on 6/15/08 9:58 pm - Sanford, NC
Congrats to you Kathie!!! I am a little concerned about maintenance, not to mention confused. My mind still wants to lose a few more pounds. My original goal was 135, but my Dr told me I needed to bump it up to 150 (I adapted to 149 for an even 100 pounds lost.) She thought 135 would be too small. Now that I'm at 149, I'd really still like to lose a few more (maybe down to 145...or even 140?) That's me though...I think my Dr and Nut would have a fit. That said, I am concerned about maintenance too. I guess it's just time to call my nut and make the "Maintenance" appointment with her to see what she has to say. I think it's going to be a lot like yours...add an extra 100 calories at a time. We'll see! Good luck to us!
lizzybear
on 6/16/08 1:34 am - Olympia, WA
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is SO AWESOME!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see the new pics - will be watching for your post that they're on!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 868 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 874 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1492 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1007 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1064 views