Oct. 9 is coming fast

kkcpgp
on 9/16/12 10:39 am - Amherstview , Canada
RNY on 10/09/12
I cant believe how quickly it seems to be coming now.  I went for my PATT last Tuesday and I start 3 weeks of OPTI this coming Tues.  I have a feeling that these are going to be a hard three weeks but the end result is going to be so worth it.  I still cant believe that the day is almost here.  Any pointers or tid bits you would like to share about what to expect would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Orientation: Oct.2011       Jan. 2012 - offered transfer to Humber (accepted)
March. 9 - GBY Class      April 18 - Surgeon Consultation  May 15 - RD & SW  
May 28 - Nurse  May 28 - Dr. Glazier  2nd Surgeon (Opti/Setting a Date) - June 11 
PATT- Sept.11 Start Opti - Sept.18                     
Surgery Date - OCT.9

jjldh_va
on 9/17/12 7:43 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with

I KNOW!!  I am getting to the point where I have to start shopping for my pre op diet (I do not like the opti... Medifast has more protein, but I am going to just by the Premier Protein at Costco and see how that works...).

I am going to send you a friend request since we are getting sugery the same day, we can go through some things together!

Good luck with everything!

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

blessedbutlers
on 9/17/12 8:19 pm - TX
 Good luck you guys!!!!  
kkcpgp
on 9/18/12 8:18 pm - Amherstview , Canada
RNY on 10/09/12
Thank you so much.  I am a little nervous about everything but I am also so happy with my choice.  A new beginning.  :)
Orientation: Oct.2011       Jan. 2012 - offered transfer to Humber (accepted)
March. 9 - GBY Class      April 18 - Surgeon Consultation  May 15 - RD & SW  
May 28 - Nurse  May 28 - Dr. Glazier  2nd Surgeon (Opti/Setting a Date) - June 11 
PATT- Sept.11 Start Opti - Sept.18                     
Surgery Date - OCT.9

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/12 10:48 am
To a fellow Ontarian!   Congrats on your upcoming surgery date!   I am so pre-pre-pre-op at the moment!  Just waiting for my orientation in October 2012.  

At least I have tried Optifast -- after Oprah went on it, I decided I would try it.  One thing I found it made me so thirsty!

Marina
Kitchener, ON

Petri2821
on 10/3/12 2:28 pm - MD
Hi KKCPGP,
I too am October 9th!!  As someone who is in the midst of this with you (well, sort of!) I say just stick with it and keep reminding yourself of why you're doing it.  And if you have someone willing to support you it'll be much easier.  My husband feeds our daughter before I get home and he eats as little as possible in front of me just to avoid temptation. 

What procedure are you having done?  I'm RNY.
Michelle G.
on 10/8/12 2:43 am - OH
RNY on 10/17/12
Good luck to all of you tomorrow!

Michelle

HW : 350       GW: 150          CW: 190

Petri2821
on 10/8/12 12:01 pm - MD
Wahoooooo!!!!!  Thank you!  Looks like you have surgery next week?  Let me know if you have any questions!
Most Active
Recent Topics