1 year Nov.29th

feelingreat
on 12/5/05 12:16 pm - Bayonne, NJ
RNY on 11/29/04 with
Am i alone in this or anyone else feeling they can eat much more these days. Tonight we went to the diner and was able to eat almost 1 whole grilled cheese sandwich... I dont get that lump in my chest anymore telling me i had enough. I just have to know when to stop ,,,, sometimes i feel like i can eat alot. I probably could have eaten the whole sandwich but then afterwards would have felt a bit sick. But I miss that warning i used to get to stop. Also i find i can eat sugar more than i used to ,,,,,, not that i do it alot but sometimes the old demon comes back and i eat what im not supposed to and unfortunately i dont dump like i did in the beginning months. God i hope i havent stretched my pouch ,,,,, I dont have the willpower tod do this without my tool ,,,,, thats why i had this surgery. I should tell you this,,,,,, I was 260 the day of my surgery, ( im 5'4") I want to be 150 and as of today I am about 163. Wanted to reach 100 lbs by my 1 year anniversary but didnt quite make it. I just hope im not alone in this and that i am normal......at this stage. Just seems like a whole grilled cheese ( almost whole) is alot. What do you all think. Thanks joann
lisemicheal
on 12/5/05 11:01 pm - Hampton, SC
My one year was Nov 29th as well. I feel like I can eat a whole lot more now than I did. Unfortunately for me, I get dumping less and less and I can eat sugar sometimes better than protein. I try to stay at about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of food 3x times a day + 2 protein shakes a day and 1 snack of less than 2 oz (protein primarily). Its not always easy and my water intake has got to get better! I still get the "time to stop" signal tho! Sometimes before I feel full. I have had 1 EGD since surgery and the opening was ballooned because I had very little passageway open. It seemed to be doing great until last month. I go back in on the 19th for another EGD just be sure its not mechanical. I soooooo wish I could eat a grilled cheese. I have the hardest time with breads (even high fiber/whole grain ones). I miss some things greatly and bread is one of those. I avoid it because I don't like the consequences. I personally think you are normal and now we just have to work our tool! I was 409 at first consultation in July of last year, 385 on day of surgery and now am at 223. I have about 43lbs to my goal and 33lbs to my surgeon's goal for me. I was hoping to be in the low 200's by my anniversary but it didnt happen. I guess I can't complain too much tho! I have gone from a size 34W to mostly 16s and some 14s WOOOHOO. I ahve not been in 14s since prior to high school! Lise 409/223/180 11/29/05 Tulsa Dr Gorospe
SheliaJ
on 12/11/05 11:24 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
Joann, I know exactly how you feel. I just finished posting on my profile after several months of hiding. I'm able to eat too much and I do eat too much. Some sugars don't bother me so I find myself eating those. I get my mind right and then whammo, I'm right back at it. I've lost a little over 100# since my surgery on 11/3/04. I am grateful for those lost pounds but I still have about 70 to go. I'm so depressed about it. I even told my husband tonight that I am thinking about asking my surgeon to do the surgery again to make my pouch smaller again. He'll probably think I'm a loser (and not the good kind of loser either). I guess we just have get things right in our minds and get to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers for both of us. Shelia
misstish
on 2/19/06 1:35 pm - West Bend, WI
Hi Joann. No you are not alone. This sounds just like my concerns that I am trying to get help with it. I, too, am so afraid that my pouch may have stretched. I do find that I seem to have sugar cravings - sweets. I try to watch it but that is what I go for and I am not hungry, just my mind wants it. Your weigh loss it great!!! I had lost 61# post op 9months but have gained about 11 pounds back & am very depressed about it. There are times however that I do feel pressure in my stomach. So maybe not. Also, I need to get back to my exercising. I think that has really hurt me. If you get some really good responses, would you please be sure to let me know? I was going to see my dr on the 27th but what can her really do if I am stress eating, & grazing? Sure he will tell me I need to work that out. Has anyone reading this gone to counseling for "why we stress eat, etc."? Thanks, Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/06 1:37 pm - Yakima, WA
Can someone who is three years out stick her nose in? You of course, are welcome to ignore my presence here ok...3.5 years postop - if I choose 2 eggs, fried over medium (solid white, runny yolk) and 3 potatoes (medium, red) shredded into hash browns and fried - and then chop the soft egg up into the potatoes after they are cooked. Packed down - that's about 2 and 1/2 cups of solid food. Now here's the ticket - I can eat it ALL - it chews down to nothing and the potato helps slide the dense eggs on through. (kind of like your grilled cheese sandwich did) Now if I take 3 eggs and add a 1/3 cup of cheese (make an omelet) - I usually can't fini**** all - most, but not the last couple bites. If it is steak or chicken and steamed veggies I can eat about 3 or 4 ounces of meat and about 3/4 cup veggies. If I eat just cheese? 4 ounces usually leaves me comfortable - not stuffed, but comfy. And if I eat 3 times a day - I make worse choices AND eat more over-all than if I eat 6 smaller meals. Also the faster I eat, the faster I get comfortably full. I don't dally over my meals. I chew well, but I finish - I don't have dinner 'conversation' or put my fork down and wait 5 minutes between bites. I don't shovel the food in, but I eat until I'm done. The ticket for ME is: (1) density of the food (2) how it's prepared (3) how often I eat (4) how slowly/fast I eat. Have no idea if this is helpful......hugs, Toots
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1021 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views