I confess...

Sphinxy
on 12/11/05 3:43 pm - Redlands, CA
Thanksgiving was bittersweet for me... The good news I could eat.... last year I was on clear liquids THe bad news I could eat... I ended up in bed feeling like ka ka cause I just didn't stop eating... thank god you can only eat so much!!! I guess it was just so radically different from every other thanksgiving... old habits die hard! But guess what Christmas is coming!!! Damn....how to focus on getting enough of the right things, minimize the bad stuff and still feel good!! I also confess that since surgery for the most part I have felt like crap - my doc has me on some new meds and some new iron supplements which seem to be doing a little better but I gotta tell you, inside I am scared that I have a lifetime of feeling like this ahead of me. I am tired of being in pain, tired of being tired, and feeling like I can' ***** about this to anyone since it was my choice... Now, don't get me wrong, I move around better... its nice to be down to a size 16-18...but am I condemmed to a lifetime of always feeling like I am playing catch-up to life!!!??? Most weekends I come home and really don't care if I come out at all again until MOnday am when I have to go to work - everyone talks about how wonderful they feel -- truth is I am barely making it... and I have to make a living so I keep quiet about it,,, suck it up and keep going. Christmas has me scared!!! So many rituals and feelings that have to do with food... and so much that really isn't that great - nutrition wise that is... there is never a social occasion this time of year that doesn't revolve around food in some way???!!!!! What you guys doing??? Is anyone else worried about this??? Now I have passed my year... and quite possibly have finished losing what I will lose??? but am wondering whether I have traded feeling like crap in one way for feeling like crap for a lifetime??? B
SugarfreeSweetThang
on 12/14/05 6:31 am - McDonough, GA
I am scared too death of food. Only because I know that I can eat again. I feel fine. I have good days and bad days. Some night I am sooo tired. I just have to make sure I eat my protein. I think our lives will always revolve around food. I look forward to the day when food doesn't rule my life. Just remember during the Holidays it is o.k. to eat... but keep protein first and stay hydrated. Water will keep you full. Stay busy and enjoy the Holidays. ~Jennifer Wright~
feelingreat
on 12/22/05 5:17 am - Bayonne, NJ
RNY on 11/29/04 with
Hi we are anniversary buddies, i had surgery on Nov 29 th too, I am getting really scared lately,,, i read what you said but i was wondering if you feel like me. I am eating all the time lately, not a lot at one meal but all day long... even sweets,,, i am always getting hungry,,,,, i am really scared. what about you,, do you feel you can all day too. thanks joann
SGRenteria
on 12/17/05 12:47 pm - Roswell, NM
I have been scared for a while now. You might remember that my husband and son were deployed to Qatar in the middle east, and I was scared that I would comfort myself with food, now that I can eat. I only lost 1# last month, but I was traveling alot and didn't exercise much. Now on top of that the holidays....I cheated so much the other day and ate this homemade toffee at our office party (and much more). I exercised longer and didn't gain, but I really am focusing on regular exercise, because for those two weeks that I travelled and didn't exercise I actually gained! I am focusing on exercise and don't sit by the food, it is torture....
jujubeee
on 12/22/05 9:56 pm - Phoenix, AZ
B I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I can say that lately (the past couple months) I've had more problems than I have the entire year since the surgery. But B I do it to myself. I've eaten too much knowingly and I've eaten WAY WAY WAY too many carbs. The scale bounces around and I don't exercise anymore.....and I've had alcohol on occasion and on occasion drank too close to eating my meal. There I've said it. I have 30 pounds to go and why is more than obvious. Shoot! Love ya, Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1021 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views