Gallbladder has to be removed!

SugarfreeSweetThang
on 12/14/05 6:19 am - McDonough, GA
Hi Ya'll! Can't believe we are a year out. I have not had any problems until now. I have to have my gallbladder taken out. I am a little nervous. The surgery is scheduled for January 11th. The same surgeon will do this surgery that performed my Gastric Bypass Surgery. Just wanted to let you guys know. Because this is not unusual at a year out. I had a bad spell a couple of weeks ago and went for an ultrasound... I have gallstones. Dr. told me it would not get any better and needed to come out! Say a prayer and Thanks! ~Jennifer Wright~
Whoopi
on 12/15/05 9:57 pm - Windsor, Canada
Jennifer: You will be just fine sweetie I'm sure of it. They can probably go through one of your surgery scars to remove it. I will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. God bless you. Love & Hugs Whoopi xoxo
Denise
on 12/16/05 12:00 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Jennifer - I know this isn't unusual for us, but it's a bummer having to go through another surgery! I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you. In the meantime, have a very happy and safe holiday season! Denise
SugarfreeSweetThang
on 12/16/05 2:45 am - McDonough, GA
Thanks so much guys! I am alright. I just found out I will not have to spend the night at the hospital. It will be an outpatient procedure as long as there are NO complications. So that is a great relief. The recovery will not take that long either. I know gallbladder problems are common. I have noticed it is really common at about a year out. I went to my support group meeting and quite a few people said they developed problems at a year out. Hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. I will probably post again before the holidays... but just in case HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!! Hugs... ~Jennifer Wright~
SGRenteria
on 12/17/05 12:38 pm - Roswell, NM
Thanks for sharing the information about how common the gallstones. I appreciate it. What were your signs and symptoms?
SugarfreeSweetThang
on 12/19/05 12:16 am - McDonough, GA
I just woke up one morning and I was having very bad pains deep in my belly. So bad I felt very sick. They would come and go and when I would eat or drink it would get worse. The pains were very intense when I would eat or drink almost like a jabbing stabbing feeling. Some people say they have pains just on their right side where the gallbladder is located. But my pains were in the middle of my tummy behind my rib cage all the way around to my back. When I eat fatty foods it irritates my gallbladder. Peanuts irritate it very bad. Thanks for asking!!!! ~Jennifer~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1021 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views