HELP...NEED SUPPORT

Kristi H.
on 1/7/06 9:10 pm - Elgin, IL
Hi Everybody...I passed my 1 year anniversary Nov. 15th, with a 135 lb weight loss. I am really having a hard time now with "emotional eating". It was so much easier when I couldn't eat certin foods and really only ate out of necessity. But...as time marched on...everything seems to agree with me now and I am always picking. I ran into an "old flame" New Year's night...and have been in a tailspin ever since. I cannot believe the old habits that have surfaced again and I am sooo mad at myself for giving in. I have gained 3 lbs back and need to get myself "in check"....it is soooo easy to "graze the day away". I was working out 3-4x a wee****il the place folded and have not made any attempt to start up again but, I do have a 2 week pass for CURVES so, I will go THIS WEEK. I personally, think they are very expensive and do not like the monthly fee taken out of my checking account or put on a credit card so, I got some $ for Christmas and may just pay in advance for a few months anyway. I am interested in having an "email buddy" to check in with everyday to keep both of us on tract. Losing was easy.....THIS IS THE HARD PART. So...anybody interested in becoming my "email pal"?? I would appreciate feedback from anybody. All-in-all...I am so glad that I had this surgery....I feel great and it was sooooo exciting to get clothes for Christmas in sizes that I haven't been into since high school....my daughter picked out some outfits for me that I didn't know about and everything fit......I WAS DANCING all thru the holidays..The only downside that I have discovered with having the surgery and losing soo much is that my closet isn't big enough now and I don't have enough dresser drawers...LOL ..Now, if I can get the rest of my life in order....it is going to be a year of change for me.....out with some of the "old things"...in with NEW. Thank you for listening and I hope to get lots of input. Happy New Year to All!!! Soon...I will finally get a pic on my profile.... Kristi Hanson Elgin, IL
kdann11908
on 1/7/06 11:45 pm - Maricopa, AZ
i understand what you are saying. I am the same way...If i keep myself busy, than I am ok. If I sit for whatever reason or driving that is my weakness. I do daycare in my home and with the kids, its easy..I work out in my home I can not afford going to Curves or anything right now. Nor I dont think I have time, I go to school one day a week plus the homework about everyday....I sit doing homework too. But if you want to email. Feel [email protected]
Lisa Gotro
on 1/11/06 4:37 am - Fosters, AL
Hi Kristi, We had our surgery at about the same time! I have lost 114 pounds & have about 20 more to go. I have been struggling with being hungry all of the time & snacking way too much. The thing that has helped me the most is to eat mostly protein. I stay full longer & I am more satiesfied. I do exercise. I just this week changed up my work out. I am now walking 3 miles at least 4X per week. It takes me about 50 min. E-mail me if you want to chat! Lisa Gotro
feelingreat
on 1/13/06 7:15 am - Bayonne, NJ
RNY on 11/29/04 with
Hi, I would love to share email with you,,,,, I know just how you feel, I had my surgery on Nov.29th 2004 and have only lost about 95 lbs and i am trying so hard to lose the last 15 but i keep going up and down with 1 or 2 and cant seem to lose anymore,,,,,,,, I too am grazing all day and i hate it.......... I would love to email with you and share ideas,,,,,, i tried curves and it really didnt work for me,,,,,,, I hate to exercise so i cant say i gave it too much of my all,,,,,,,,,,, well,,,,,,, please write back and we can share ideas and thoughts,,,,,,,,,,, my name is joann, i am 47 and have 3 grown children. I am a special ed teacher and live in Bayonne, NJ. hope to hear from you soon.
Mciara8
on 1/17/06 5:11 am - Redding, CA
Hi Kirsti, I know what you mean I think you have the same anniversay as me. I have lost about 115 lbs and need to lose 20 to 25 more. I have also been stuck the last couple of months. My ex was gone for a year to Iraq and we he came back and I had to deal with him again because we have a son together I noticed my emotional eating started back up. I am really trying not to snack and my support group has a class called "Back on track" that deals with deeper issues. You should see if there is any support classes like that were you are. Mine are through the hospital I got by surgery through. I have been a member of curves for a year now and I love it. It is a little pricey but this is the one thing for me I do for myself every month. Some ladies get there nails done. I do curves. I think you should try it for youself and see if you like it. I find the atmosphere there is very supporitve. I have found trying to work out in my home never worked for me. I didn't really have my space to do it in. I like to get away for the 1/2 hour and relieve stress. When I come back I am a better mom. Well take care and email me anytime!!. Hang in there we all have come along way and have done a great job!! Marie
Sphinxy
on 1/17/06 5:04 pm - Redlands, CA
Kristi... Looks like you got some great answers... hang in there... and don't beat yourself up... sometimes I think that's what got me where I was in the first place. I notice that most thin people around me don't beat themselves up for getting off track - they move on and resolve to do better. Isn't it wonderful to join the world of clothes again!!! I picked up a catalog tonight and for the first time realized I could order what I truly liked - not what came in my size - that was a first - it is somewhat of a journey to discover what I truly like?! Good luck - Hang in there B
Debi D.
on 1/18/06 12:07 am - Blue Grass, IA
Hi Kristi! Know that you are NOT alone!! It seems from all the posts that I have read and personal experience, after the one year mark it is harder to NOT be hungry...it was so nice when I was never hungry!! Now I find that I too am always "wanting" something LOL It sounds as though you have done a marvelous job with your tool, and I don't think that it will let you down and your in the right direction with your exercising. I live in Buffalo Iowa...I wonder where Elgin is from here LOL I have a friend that says I am lost as soon as I leave my driveway! Where do you go for support meetings?? I have support meeting tonight at Genesis East, and I'm definately going hoping to see some old faces. Been busy through the holidays and missed one or two...gotta get back on track!!! I know what you mean about the clothes...I have had so much fun with the after christmas sales...30.00 dollar sweaters for 9.00 woohoo!! and boy do I need them now, I get so cold!!! Have you experienced any tail bone pain since losing weight? I have babbled on enough LOL Take Care, and email me anytime...sounds like you have lots of willing e-mail buddies!!!! [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1021 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views