Had to get my Gallbladder taken out!

SugarfreeSweetThang
on 1/17/06 8:17 am - McDonough, GA
Hi guys! I know we don't post a lot on this forum but I wanted to warn you guys... I had to get my gallbladder taken out on the 11th (last Wed) due to my WLS! I was told 60% of WLS patients who have not had their gallbladder taken out will have to have it removed. I started having really bad trouble in December (really began in October) and had an ultrasound... was told I had gallstones and they would just get worse so the gallbladder needed to be removed. It was an easy operation. It was oupatient. I was in surgery at 8:00 am and going home by 11 am. They sent me home with 4 holes in my right side... 7 stitches... and some great medications. I am going back to work tomorrow but I still have my stitches. They will not come out until next Wed. at the 2 week check up. They worse part is that my back hurts really bad. I am trying not to take the pain meds. Just Tylenol. I have to work tomorrow and I want to be of sound mind and body! hahaha! Well... just wanted you to know if you are having trouble to make sure you get it checked out. I had no idea this would happen. I have not had any complications since the surgery and I am young. I did notice that when the problems really started (back in October) I hit a plateau and no matter what I did the weight stayed about the same. I have lost 10 pounds since the surgery and I have been eating normal. I think the gallbladder had something to do with me not losing weight. Just a crazy theory. But I am a crazy person! Ya'll have a good night! ~Jennifer Wright~ North Carolina
Sphinxy
on 1/17/06 4:58 pm - Redlands, CA
Glad you are doing better Jen - thanks for the heads up and nice to have you back home safe and sound?? ; ) B
Sara G
on 1/28/06 5:49 am - Brentwood, CA
Hi there! I love your profile! Glad to hear that everything is going so well for you...it has been an amazing journey hasn't it? I hit my goal this month...I haven't weighed 150 since my 20's (and that wasn't for very long) I'm not sure if my body will stop at this point or not...doesn't really matter to me...I'm very happy where I am. Just thought I'd hijack this post and say hello...haven't seen you around on the CA board lately. Blessings, Sara 308/290/150 at goal!!! 158 lbs gone FOREVER!!!!!!!
Debi D.
on 1/17/06 11:51 pm - Blue Grass, IA
Hi Jen Thanks for the heads-up! Happy to hear your home safe and sound....and losing weight again! I wouldn't mind losing another 10 lbs. but honestly am happy where I'm at. Just don't want to go the other direction, and start gaining I think we all have that fear!! Hugs, Debi
Shelley Rae B.
on 1/25/06 3:15 pm - Long Beach, CA
What kind of problems were you having, pain, symptoms? Thanks!
Ruth S.
on 1/29/06 6:10 am - Orlando, FL
Yes, Jennifer - that is a possibly that a percentage of WLS get the gallbladder out AFTER surgery - but it depends on the person, and other situations. It is NOT an automatic thing. I known people who have had had their gallbladder taken out before surgery, after surgery or NOT at all. It happened to me 8 months after surgery - and it is over with. It was more painful than RNY for sure. I did lose an extra 5 lbs after which was a good thing, hahahaha...but all is well. But my friend had WLS and she still has her gallbladder..so who knows why it happens.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1020 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views