Are you at a standstill?

feelingreat
on 1/21/06 4:51 am - Bayonne, NJ
RNY on 11/29/04 with
Hi Susan, You and I had the surgery the same day...... Nov 29, 04. I am stuck between 165 and 168 since around August myself and cant seem to get the scale to move. Yes,,,,,,, I have been cheating and i hate myself for it,, each day i say this is it...... I do good for a day or two,,, get down to 165 or so and then back to cheating and up to 168 again....... UGH!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to be 150,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wish i could just go back to the way i ate right after surgery..... but now its hard as i find i can eat almost anything and hardly no problem. Well,,,,,,,, just wanted to vent to someone who is where i am...... Please write back if you want to chat. Lets both try really hard to get this done.!!!!!!!!!! joann
susansnook
on 1/22/06 1:45 am - Sheridan, OR
Good morning Joann, This is Susan. How is your weekend going? Mine is ok. Hard to get outside in rain drenched Oregon. Summers are beautiful, but winters suck. Joann I have a few questions I would like to ask you. Do you now or have you ever used protein supplements,as in drinks or bars? I still use both. At least one or both everyday. I do not eat alot of sugar stuff, because I would never quit if I started. I went a year never having tried any candy. But then came the holidays.... Crackers are harder for me. What is it that triggers you. Can we put our e mail address on here? talk to you soon. Susan
feelingreat
on 1/22/06 3:33 am - Bayonne, NJ
RNY on 11/29/04 with
Hi Susan thanks for writing back,,,,,,,,,, i would love to correspond with someone who has the same surgery date as me. Actually my Dr. never wanted me taking protein drinks, he wanted me and still does to take protein through food.... I do eat a protein bar from time to time and i make protein balls out of protein powder,carb options peanut butter, oatmeal and sugar free honey..... I eat one or two of these in the morning ( about the size of walnuts). I usually eat a salad for lunch with an egg or some turkey in it. or a slice of weigh****cher bread with a hunk of cheese and a piece of fruit, or cottage cheese with some fruit or a carb option yogurt and a cheese stick. I usually eat a cheese stick or two throughout the day as a snack , and a dinner of some protein, and vegetable. I know i cheat on carbs more than i should during the day like you said, crakers and pretzels and things like that.....and that is my problem,,,,,, although i know i am eating far less than i did in the days before surgery, but still cant seem to lose these extra lbs. I started at 260 and have not even lost 100 lbs a year and 2 months later. I just want to lose the last 10 to 15 lbs but cant seem to budge that scale. I never ate sweets for a long time after sugery but once i did and found out they dont bother me much its harder to keep away from them. Well,,,,,,,, i would love to hear from you. My email is [email protected]. joann Hope to hear from you soon.
lmt516
on 1/22/06 2:18 am - Brant Rock, MA
I am also stuck between 184 & 189, but I knowit is more my fault. I have been eating way more carbs than I should. Guess I felt so good about the 160 already lost I was in denial about the 40 more to go!
Erica Allen
on 1/26/06 10:06 am - Chattanooga, TN
I am pregnant, so not exactly in the mindset to lose weight right now, but I do worry that I will let this pg get the best of me and will gain. I am about 13 weeks along and had lost 2 pounds as of my 11 week appt. I have a feeling I've gained the last couple of weeks though, so who knows. I can say that the cravings of pregnancy have been bringing the demons back full force!! I went a week eating nothing but candy all week! Not healthy for me OR the baby!! I have never been a dumper, so it doesn't affect me to eat too much fat or sugar, but obviously it's not the way to go!! I was pretty much at goal when I got pregnant. I was 138 and wanted to get between 130-140 at goal. I'm 5'3". Now I've come down with horrible heartburn after I eat any kind of food, so in a way, I'm considering it a blessing in disguise!! I am now eating less and I'm more aware of what I'm eating, which I think will help keep me in line. Unfortunately, carbs just seem to settle an upset tummy better than protein, but I have to remind myself that I did have this surgery and pregnant or not, I have to give my body what it needs, not just what it wants!! Anyway, that's where I am at. Definitely eating horribly and allowed myself to fall into some bad habits, but trying to remind myself what my responsibilities are...to myself and this baby!! Erica 258/138/130-140ish PG weight: 136 12wks 4d
kevslilkity
on 2/1/06 9:09 am - AL
Same story here! Lost two during the holidays, loose and gain it every week since! Melinda
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/06 12:32 pm - Chandler, AZ
Help, I am in sooooo......much trouble with the snacks. It all started with nuts and now I can't stop eating, crackers,crackers, crackers. I did great through Christmas but now. I do not want to fail at this surgery the way I have failed at ever other diet. I have to get back to basics and exercise. I have another 150 lbs to lose. Sandyd
jujubeee
on 2/10/06 1:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 SAME BOAT! I am 5'4 and weigh 165-169 (depends on the time of day). I haven't lost a pound since about last May. That's a crime.... I found I can lose if I stop eating after 7pm at nights. Sadly though I have trouble keeping that off. My scale and weight FLUCTUATE 12 pounds. I will weigh 160 one day and 167 the next day. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I am a champ at protein, water, and vitamins. I have a weakness for popcorn (lowfat) and an occasional oatmeal cookie. Exercise is not my friend. It's nice to know I'm not alone Love, Julie 228/207.5/166/135
Judy Blackshear
on 2/10/06 1:40 am - Canton, OH
Well, I'm in the same boat too! My surgery date was 11-22-2004. I was at a stand still for at least four months. I started exercising, cutting out sweets and trying to drink more water since January. The scale is starting to move again, but not very fast. I guess I'm just thankful it moved. I'm now fluctuating between 175 - 178 lbs. I have at least another 30-35 lbs. I want to loose. My BMI is 31. I would like to be 25 as well. I just want to be considered NORMAL. Will that ever happen? jab
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 814 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1025 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 857 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1165 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views