November 6th

jdritt
on 10/11/07 2:43 am - Bayfield, CO
Hello all - is there any one else that has a November 6th surgery date and if so could you tell me why after all of this work to put this in place - I have feelings of both elation and terror?? Denise
scribad
on 10/11/07 10:19 am - Tacoma, WA
I also have a date of November 6th!!! I find myself thinking now that it is coming too soon. First I thought that is sooo far from now (when I was scheduled) but now I am getting nervous. I am excited too but sometimes my stomache starts to get queasy at the thought of what I am about to do. I guess I am nervous about what the future holds because the actual surgery doesn't scare me.
jdritt
on 10/11/07 9:06 pm - Bayfield, CO
Diana - November 6th is just 26 days away! I am having to scramble to have my work and family all lined out to be able to take time to do all this right - I guess I was anticipating a January date - But now that it has been set I really want to get it going. I have been "practicing" the post surgery eating and trying to get in all the water - I thought I drank alot of water -lol- anyways it is good to know someone who will be at the same stage as I - I am having the RNY though - Good luck and keep in touch - Denise
Karen-baltimore
on 10/14/07 9:43 am - carney, MD
I too am a November 6th date. I started to look into bariatric surgery in December of 2006. I made my first phone call to Bariatric Clinics and found the closest one to me was in Phiadelphia area. I am in Baltimore. I kept checking on the computer as there had to be something closer and I found one 15 mins. from home. I called & made an appt. The first they could get me in was on Feb 14th for the group discussion that explains the procedure. Once it is explained, then you sign up for an actual dr. appt. Believe it or not, my car broke down on the way to the first group discussion on Feb 14th. Boy, was I bummed. I thought that maybe this was an omen or something as my car is a 2006 Toyota! I stopped thinking about the "omen" thought and called the next morning. They wanted me to wait until March as they were so booked up in Feb. I begged them to fit me in and they did, Feb. 28th. My first dr's appt was the second week of March. So, Nov. 6th took a long time to get here. The 6 month wait was due to my insurance company. That got me to Aug 10th. Then, it took Unitedhealthcare forever to approve me. I am so ready for Nov. 6th Scared, hell yeah. But, I so need to do this. Good Luck to you & all November surgeries. Karen
jdritt
on 10/14/07 10:04 am - Bayfield, CO
Karen - Congratulations on your surgery date - sounds like you had to keep after it to get this done - Good luck to you! Denise
PatriciaAE
on 10/15/07 6:33 am
Hi Denise, I too and having RNY on Nov. 6th, I am so ready and very excited. I started my journey in Feb. and having been working my way along up until now. It is normal to be terrified, this is major surgery, but do everything the doctor tells you and you'll do great. Its the people who don't do what there told who have problems and do not succeed. Also, some people go in with a lot of problems and may not do so well. I'm sure you have be thouroughly counseled and are ready to follow all the instructions given. Good Luck !!!!! Keep in touch. Your OH Budddy, PatriciaAE
Most Active
Recent Topics