I god my date, yesterday. NOVEMBER 12!!!

Maida F.
on 10/13/07 2:50 am - Round Rock, TX
RNY on 11/12/07 with
The timing couldn't be better. I'm so happy. I'm also happy that I get to have carbs for two more weeks, since I have to go on an ultra-low carb diet for the 2 weeks prior to surgery. I'm not binging or anything. I've actually lost 15 lbs in the past 5 months. I've blown the dust off the elliptical machine and have already started changing my life. I'm nervous and excited and grateful. Yay!
heathera36
on 10/13/07 3:02 am - Syracuse, NY
Woo hoo! You're off to a great start!!
Maida F.
on 10/13/07 7:27 am - Round Rock, TX
RNY on 11/12/07 with
Thank you!!!
ItsKellie
on 10/13/07 4:27 am - Show Low, AZ
I am soooo happy for you! Hope all goes well with you! I go in on the 5th of November. Question though... did they tell you that you had to do a low carb diet before the surgery? Cause I missed that one. I go for pre op on 10/22 guess I will put that one on my to ask list. When I went to my classes... I think it was so overwhelming, I must have missed some things. Are you going in for the lap band of the By pass? I am doing the Bypass. Kellie :-D
Maida F.
on 10/13/07 7:20 am - Round Rock, TX
RNY on 11/12/07 with
I am having the Lap RNY/gastric bypass. Yes, they did tell me that I have to go on a low carb diet (less than 30 grams/day) for two weeks before surgery. It's to shrink the liver. Some surgeons require a liquid diet, like Optifast. At least I still get to eat real food. Maida
Gail M.
on 10/13/07 2:05 pm - Scranton, PA
Good Luck Maida. I had the same enthusiasm when I got scheduled the other day.
isuez
on 10/17/07 1:55 am - IL
Maida- Congratulations. It is just an exciting moment when the call or letter comes in that says 'You've been Approved'! I am scheduled for Nov. 1st. I can hardly sleep- I am so excited. This has been a long process to get approved, but we finally made it. Good Luck to you- I wil check in on you later. Take Care
Most Active
Recent Topics