Lapband Surgery on 20th

Kimberly11
on 11/3/07 2:27 pm - I Love Me and My Life!!!, VA
I will be having Lapband Surgery on November 20 in Kingsport, TN. I am still in shock. I just got my date yesterday. I guess it will really set in when I start my pre-op diet on Monday. Good luck to all of the November Surgeries!!!!
cuerposano
on 11/5/07 5:58 am - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 06/26/13
We are having our LAPBAND surgeries on the same day. I am having my surgery in CT though. I am so excited, just as I imagine you are! Congrats and keep in touch throughout your journey! Diana
Kimberly11
on 11/5/07 6:07 am - I Love Me and My Life!!!, VA
Hi Diana! Congrats on your surgery too!! I am excited (and a little nervous)! We are going to be "band twins". LOL I will send you a friend request so we can keep in touch! Kimberly
Lisa250
on 11/7/07 12:11 am
Hi! I am having Lapband surgery on the 19th in PA. I can't wait!! Best of luck and hope we can keep in touch. What kind of pre-op diet do you have to do? Lisa
Kimberly11
on 11/7/07 12:56 am - I Love Me and My Life!!!, VA
Hi Lisa! Congratulations on the 19th!! I have to do a low carb diet for 2 weeks then 2 days of clear liquids. What kind of pre-op diet do you have? I'm sending you a friend request too so it will be easier to keep in touch! Kimberly
zendee
on 11/7/07 5:44 am - McKinney, TX
Congrats everyone. I will be having my lapband surgery on Nov 19th. I have not been given any pre-op diet to follow. Is that normal?
Kimberly11
on 11/7/07 6:21 am - I Love Me and My Life!!!, VA
It varies a lot depending on your doctor. It is possible not to have a pre-op diet from what I have read on the lapband forum. You might want to check out that forum if you haven't already. Here is a link : http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ You can learn a lot from reading the old posts or by starting new posts and asking questions. They are really friendly and very helpful! Congrats on your date, by the way!!! Kimberly
TONYA WOODS
on 11/7/07 10:00 pm - Rockfield, KY
Hi Kimberly 11 I will be having gastic bypass November 20 also in Nashville TN. I had to start an all clear liquid diet on November 6 and have to stay on that until the 19th then go npo after midnight. It has been very hard the past 2 days due to I can't seem to get my liquid protein down like I should. I have tried several different flavors and some just phyically make me sick at my stomach. we will have to stay in touch during our new life. I am getting very impatient now more than ever. I did have some feelings about this when I started this liquid diet, I felt like I was a wimp due to I feel very hungry. I have talked to several people and they say that is normal but I hate to feel like I'm starving. But I lost 8 lbs the first day then 5 more lbs the second day, so that proves it works, but I still hate it. I'm sorry I am ranting, thanks for listening. tonya
Kimberly11
on 11/7/07 11:58 pm - I Love Me and My Life!!!, VA
Hi Tonya!! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!!!! You are not ranting and you certainly are not a wimp!!! I started on my pre-op diet on Monday. Mine is not as strict as your diet and I feel like I am starving too! You are doing great!!! I would love to stay in touch with you! (Although you realize that you are going to lose way faster than I will ) I will send you a friend request! I have made several friends from this board--thanks everyone!!! Talk to you soon!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!! Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics