Insurance denials vs. approvals

txgirl26
on 11/11/07 4:20 pm - fort worth, TX
Well I'm at the point now where I am just waiting for insurance approval or denial. I believe I should have an answer within the next 2 weeks. I was just curious to see how many of you actually got denied vs. the approval and what did you do after that?? I have United Healthcare, if you would please state who you have also. Thanks!
Doshia M.
on 11/12/07 2:38 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 11/27/07 with
I also have UHC EPO and I was approved after the first attempt.
Christina Z.
on 11/12/07 1:45 pm - Castro Valley, CA
I've also got UnitedHealthcare Premium PPO (Oracle). It took about 2 weeks to get the approval. I was never denied. I was getting anxious and called them. The couldn't say anything, but that it was being reviewed until the approval came through. When I asked what they were looking for, I was told. Weight, height, BMI and 5 year history of weight loss attempts. I started to get nervous because I knew my surgeon's office hadn't submitted the 5 year history. I scrambled trying to get it together, in case I got a denial. (I didn't have the same PCP for the 5 years and we used to live in another area.) It turned out that I didn't need it. I definitely qualify at 100 pounds overweight and BMI over 40. Christina
KnikkiJ
on 11/13/07 4:54 am - Charlotte, NC
I have UHC PPO and they approved the first time - it was simply a matter of whether you qualified or not. But it did take longer than 2 weeks to get my response back. You're lucky - my doctor wouldn't even talk to me until we had an answer! Hang in there - it's coming soon! And then we'll do amazing things!
JUDY C.
on 11/13/07 8:30 am - Bear, DE
I have United Healthcare choice plus and my surgeons office sumitted my paperwork before I was finished getting all my clearances. I didn't even know they had submitted until I got my approval in the mail. I think you have a really good chance with UHC on getting approved. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics