HEY! I'm New~ Lap Band

eniluap2
on 11/24/07 7:56 am - NC
I am having a lap band on Jan 21 2008... Just wanted to say HELLO!
alora282003
on 11/26/07 4:12 am - berwyn, IL
don't do it. your wasting your time. look into something more effective. it's easy to look at the success rate before your surgery, then to get it and regret it. i know 4 people min. who haven't lost crap!!! 25 lbs in 8 months is ridiculous.
attahgirl
on 11/26/07 7:00 am - philadelphia, PA
before you tell other people to not do something - please consult with your doctor to find out what's going wrong in YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. thousands of people have done very well with the lap band and while i am sure you're upset and mad about your lack of weightloss - it's rather obvious that you're speaking out of sheer disappointment and anger. people have bad experiences, people lose at various rates, complications arise... in your other post, you mentioned that you paid 8k for your surgery, so i'm assuming you paid out-of-pocket.... in your place, i'd be mad and upset too -- but before deterring people from a surgery that can change their lives and work for THEM, please please PLEASE see your doctor. you may very well have a complication that other people have experienced as well and you don't need to endure through vomiting and the inability to put food down. there's undoubtedly someone who's been in your shoes and i hope that you seek to help your situation instead of being racked with regret and unhappiness.
alora282003
on 11/26/07 7:08 am - berwyn, IL
yes i did mention 8k but i actually didn't have to pay. but if your lucky for insurance to pay then why not do something that will guarentee you lose weight. the doctors will not say anything bad about the band because HELLOOOOO that is their bread and butter. they aren't gonna bite the hand that feeds them i don't care if you take into account what i said or not, but do yourself a favor and do the research and check the success rate. you'll see what i am talking about. and remember me in 1 year when your ass is still fat.
attahgirl
on 11/26/07 7:46 am - philadelphia, PA
even if i'm still fat in a year - i just hope i'm not as bitter, miserable, jaded, and disappointed as you are today. i really wish you the best of luck in finding out what's going wrong with your lapband and i'm glad i was more educated about my procedure than you seem to have been about yours.
Most Active
Recent Topics