Post Op 11/20 and Home!

miamolli
on 11/24/07 8:06 pm - MA
Hi all, I have been home since Wednesday night and things are going well. But I cannot get in all my protein. My stomach is full. Who would have thought I would ever say those words? Any of you newbies having trouble? I am still in the post op liquid diet but it is so hard to drink all that is required. Should I put double scoops of protein in one drink? Any suggestions? Also, pre-op I lost 9lbs and post op I have lost 6; so 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I cannot believe it. Maria
Carrotstick
on 11/25/07 1:46 am - Astoria, NY
Me too! I came home Thursday afternoon. I was told by my surgeon that I will NOT be able to get in all the protein the first few days and that's normal; however, I should keep trying. Yesterday I did the best yet - about 50g. I feel like I'm working on it all day, between the water and the protein - I was told, "your job is to drink water." But so far, so good. -Kelly
taylorsn
on 11/25/07 9:57 pm - Great Mills, MD
I am glad to hear that all went well. Tomorrow is my big day. Did anyone else get cold feet right before? Shona
luloo
on 11/26/07 4:22 am
I had lap band surgery on the 19th, have also been struggling with getting enough protein. Just ordered new protein drinks that I hope I like better. Just hard trying to drink enough liquids. I'm keeping my eye on the prize!
Ladyoffaith38
on 12/11/07 1:23 pm
I hap Lap band surgery on 11/28/07 and I was not given a protein requirement I was told to drink at least 48 oz of water or liquids that count as water. I lost 18 lbs on the preop liquid diet, now I just keep a drink handy and just sip all day but it is a challenge.
Most Active
Recent Topics