My real first bout with depression

bunnybeth
on 8/23/06 12:02 am - somerset, KY
Hello everybody, I have not posted on this board in awhile,although I have alot in common with y'all.Yesterday I woke up and looked in the mirror,and I thought look at you you are a saggy old looking and gross.Before yesterday I thought I was looking and feeling so much better.I dont know how to explain this feeling although I know someone knows what I am rambling about.I need to get back to the gym,but since I started back to work after almost 11 years I use every excuse.Then to top it all off I tuned into Dr. phil yesterday afternoon and he had a lady who had lost 160 pounds and regretted it because of the skin.I dont know how to get past this.Other things are going on in my life that I am struggling with ,so maybe I am having control issues.I dont know this maybe silly to some,but I am back to hating looking at myself naked in the mirror.Maybe this is just a phase or a bump in the road .I guess I need to keep telling myself that I am only 14 pounds from my goal,but I can't wrap my mind around much today,sorry for rambling on ,but I am just down. Thanks for listening Beth.
pettykash
on 8/23/06 12:22 am - Galveston, TX
I know just how you feel. I have always had a baby face. I knew one day I would have to age. Just didn't realize it would be over night. People keep saying how great I look then I come home and look in the mirror (naked) Maybe we need to stop standing naked in the mirror. I see the sagging in my face, neck and arms. I don't like what I see. Then I look at my before photos on my profile. I ask my self why was I ok to bare my arms that looked like hugh basketballs now I am trying to hide them because they are flabby??? Go figure. Why was I ok to wear shorts (not daisy dukes) now that my legs are all wrinkled like a rasin I won't get in the water any more. Before at 315 I had 3 swimsuits. Now I don't have one. I think this is a case of we are never satisfied. My bones still hurt but no way do they hurt before this weight lost. Would I do it again???? To be out of my wheelchair, to only have to use my cane when I am walking a long distance, to be able to bend down and pick up what ever I dropped instead of asking some one to do it for me?????? In a heart beat. In fact I made up my mind just two days ago to finally get rid of my wheel chair I WILL NOT BE NEEDING IT ANY MORE I know this is long but I wanted you to know I feel the same way some times then I stop to count my blessing and where would I be in another couple of years if that long if I didn't do this. So I smile and ask for my senior discount and don't care no one is carding me any more. I'll get over it.
bunnybeth
on 8/23/06 12:32 am - somerset, KY
Petty, Thank you for reminding me why I did this to begin with.You are so right had I not had this surgery quite possibly I could be very sick or even dead now.I guess in this visual word with toothpick role models,we sometimes think in that way.I need to get back to basics and work on the problem areas.It all comes down to I need to love me for me.Not skinny ,fat, saggy just the me inside before I'll ever be satisfied.Thank you again for reminding me. P.S. I think mirrors should be outlawed atleast the full length boogers. Beth
pettykash
on 8/24/06 11:33 am - Galveston, TX
Toothpick is right and I don't want to be a starving size two toothpick
Dee K.
on 8/23/06 3:37 am - Oak Hill, VA
Beth - this is such a difficult journey isn't it? i, too am close to my goal and almost 100 pounds down .. i have been exercising for the last 3 months every other day and that has really helped me.. it is still a difficult journey, though and i think that petty is right that we must concentrate on the real reasons that we had this surgery.. our health!! also remember that we are onlyl 8 months into this and we have a lifetime to work out our "bumps" and "little bits that are now hanging" yes there are good and bad aspects to losing this weight and sometimes we have to give ourselves a break and realize that we are special because we took a huge step towards getting our lives back. hang in there, girlfriend! the best is yet to come!! dee
bunnybeth
on 8/24/06 12:17 am - somerset, KY
In bridgett jones the movie she called the jiggly stuff "wobbley bits" LOL makes me laugh everytime.I am feeling much better today.I looked at my profile and was reminded why I did this{thanks petty}and I just have to live fearless.We are brave fearless people who have taken this journey.We didnt just sit back and talk about doing,we did it.I think I have to remember where I came from.Thanks to you all. Live Fearless Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 736 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 688 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 785 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1156 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1090 views