Weekly Check-In

~Becky~
on 8/23/06 5:15 pm - Little Rock Area, AR
Hi friends~ Just checkin' in to see how everyone is doing. I am still struggling with snacks/carbs and such. I am feeling a little bit like a failure. The scale is STUCK at 200.8. Sometimes I think I am sabatoging myself?!?!? Who knows?!!??! Anyway, I didn't want to check in because I am doing so poorly, but that is what accounability means, so I am checking in. Goals: Drink MORE water. Eat MORE protein. NO SNACK BEFORE BED! Yep, still the same goals. I am hoping this week I can accomplish them. How about you? How are YOU doing?
sherry
on 8/24/06 12:11 am - deer park, TX
Weight loss is slowwwwwwww now. Only 5 pounds last month, but I have decided to only weigh once a month now. I didn't think I could do it, but I have stayed off of it so far. After losing so fast for so long, it's just too discouraged to weigh daily and only see a pound gone each week. Anyway, I'm doing better on snacking but not great. I'm going to keep working on it! Sherry 259/166/130
pettykash
on 8/24/06 4:50 am - Galveston, TX
Sherry I'll take the 5 lbs a month. 12 months X 5 = 60lbs lost. That would be nice. I wasn't loosing 5lbs before WLS so I am all for it. I was glad I WAS loosing fast but I was also scared. Over the years with diet pills I could drop 30lbs in a month then find 60lbs in 3 months. So I am fine. This also gives me a chance to wear these clothes a little longer. I need to get more clothes now. I don't have a problem wearing clothes blowing in the wind. That is so much better than the ones that were so tight you are afraid to move in them Goals. I have been easing into carbs so I'll try to ease right back out again. I am still hot hungry but I have been wanting sweets. I think thats because I have been fooling around with the carbs. Can't have one with out the other so I have to leave them both alone
sherry
on 8/24/06 6:38 am - deer park, TX
Thanks for the reminder! I forget that sometimes and just want to be done. I do know that I will never be done. This is for life! I crave sweets about one week out of the month. It's hard, but so far, I haven't had any sugar. I'm scared if I try it and I don't dump, I'll be eating them every day.
zanders mommy
on 8/24/06 4:17 am - Valparaiso, IN
You are doing fine. Everyone has had the scale stand still before. I myself have been at a 2 month stand still.I thought that being a "heavy weight" I would have lost faster. I am still at 278. But am trying to be faithfull to the gym. My down fall are the carbs. My goals for the next week are No chips or bread. We will be sucessfull!!!! keri
bunnybeth
on 8/24/06 5:15 am - somerset, KY
Carbs are my enemy also.I started using the free version of fitday to chart weight loss and journal calories and carbs.I started this 12 days ago and happily have lost 5 pounds.I really need to get back to walking and the gym.I believe the loss of execising and the endorphineshave cuased some depression.So I am gonna get back to basics.I love reading about everyones progress it lets me know I am not alone. Beth
sherry
on 8/24/06 6:41 am - deer park, TX
You are definitely not alone! I use fitday.com and love it. It keeps me in check. Sherry
sherry
on 8/24/06 6:45 am - deer park, TX
That is great you are being faithful to the gym. I have been, too, and I know it's made a difference in my body. Yesterday I woke up (4:35 am) to get ready for the gym and I thought I wasn't going to make it. The word "weary" came to my head. I thought, "Yep, I'm weary." And then right away God brought to mind the scripture that mentions for us "to not grow weary in doing good". So, I got my rear end out of bed and to the gym. I usually make it 5 mornings a week, but sometime I have to miss a day. Thanks be to God for caring about every single aspect of our lives and being there for us. Even at 4:35 am! Sherry 259/166/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 730 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 687 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 785 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1155 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1089 views