i need major help

cynkai
on 8/24/06 8:32 am - long beach, CA
i have really fell off the band wagon. i had surgery on 12/09/2006 and i weighed in @224 on the day of surery i am now down to 123lbs but every since yesterday i have been craving sugar and eating everything under the sun. i really need help getting back on track and i just wanted to know how many carbs and calories should i be eating? i feel like a total failure. :chair:
m.m.
on 8/25/06 12:25 am - CA
Dont peg yourself as a failure yet! You have been successfull so far! You have lost a lot of wieght and regained your health. You have done wonderfully. No you are in the maintaining stages... cravings only get stronger as you feed them. Go back to the basics. I would suggest using fitday.com or sparkpeople.com and track everything you eat. When you see the numbers it helps you stay focused. I would call your surgeon and/or nutritionist to get an idea of how many calories/fat/carbs/protein you should be eating... EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT HERE. What works for one person is not a good idea for another. Call your doc- thats what they are there for. Take care, Mary P.S. Have you considered joining a support group (either for WLS people or just dieters in general)? Seems like you might benefit from that constant support.
wantstowin2
on 8/28/06 10:49 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I have fallen off the wagon also. I weigh in at 134 but have started eating bread and a little sugar. I am exercising a lot but feel hungrier now than I did before. I guess the honeymoon is over. I am determined to get back to basic -- I will have a protein shake in the a.m., yogurt and fruit for lunch, and veggies and protein for dinner. I will try not to graze in the evening on low-calorie cheese puffs and licorice. Thanks for your message -- I'm not alone in this I guess. Janet
tbonedan
on 9/17/06 12:37 am - PA
Sugar (and high carb foods) will make you feel hungrier..... At least that has been my experience......Stick with mostly protein and some complex carbs but not too muchy......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 730 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 687 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 785 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1155 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1089 views