having problems

pahoward
on 8/25/06 9:45 am - redford, mi
has any one had gall bladder problems yet? i spent last fridy in the er with gallbladder problems and i was just told i need to have it out..so i was wondering if any one else is having problems?
Becca W.
on 8/27/06 1:33 pm - port hueneme, CA
Nope, sorry. Mine was taken out during my bypass surgery. I never even knew anything was wrong with it -- no pain or anything -- but the doctor said it looked like the kind of gallbladder he sees in the emergency room. Yikes. I'm sorry it's been painful enough to get you to the ER but I'm glad they figured out what was wrong and wish you the best success with the surgery!
pahoward
on 9/3/06 1:01 pm - redford, mi
well my surgery for my gallbladder is tuesday sept 5...yikes just had gastric bypass in december now this !!! man im nurvious agin... im gonna have him check my micro pouch while hes in their to make sure everything is ok and not stretched out..wish me luck, i have read so many horror storys about the gallbladder surgery ..man i wish i could cancel this!!!
coffee
on 9/8/06 5:28 am - arlington, WA
I had mine out more than 10 years before this surgery, and my dr does it at the same time if patients have not had it. I really do not understand how it occurs that one gets problems post op since the main problem is from eating highly fatty foods...( they said "fertile fat and forty" are the heavy hitters for this) that is how I had the problem. If we eat that type of food now I would think it would make us sick, let alone make losing weight harder. The stones certainly do hurt though, don't they? As far as the surgery goes, I presume they will do it laproscopically. I did airplane production work back then, and only missed 2 wks of work. I will warn you about one thing, whatever foods they tell you not to eat afterward, believe them, because I did not follow the plan and got very ill, and you certainly do not need that at this point. I am sure your surgery will go well, and you will be feeling much better soon. Blessings.
chauncine
on 9/12/06 6:39 am - Milwaukee, WI
Peggy, Gallbladder problems are common after RNY surgery. Most surgeons just take them out during the intial surgery. I had mine removed 12 years ago. I never regretted it. Chauncine RNY 12/12/05 Still losing...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 736 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 688 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 785 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1156 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1090 views