feeling hungry alot lately

austinsmom
on 9/1/06 3:59 am - Linton, IN
Help I am feeling hungry a lot lately and have been eating things that I know I should not. Please help and give me some ideas on how to get back on the wagon. Really need the support right now. Thanks in advance. Kylie
shoegirl1023
on 9/1/06 8:47 am - Solon, OH
I feel bad for you. I do get hungry also, sometimes its about an hour after a meal so i know its probably head hunger, i normally satisfy this by drinking my water/crystal light, or even making myself a very big mug of decaf, that normally fills me up. You probably need to make sure u are taking in enough protein and liquids, most people will tell u to go back to basics of the food plan like u did at the beginning. If this continues, it couldnt hurt to tell your doctors office about this, is there a nutritionist that u could talk to there? Good luck and take care. Joanne
sherry
on 9/2/06 12:31 am - deer park, TX
Hi, Kylie. I go through the same thing from time to time. I don't think there is any answer to make it any easier, though. When I feel myself getting out of my routine, I get out my paperwork from my doctor and review the rules again. It helps remind me of what I'm supposed to be doing and why I am doing it in the first place. I am determined to get to my goal and I did not go through all of this to only make it part of the way! Hang in there, review your rules, and try to refocus. I think at 8 - 9 months out our honeymoon is over, at least I know mine is. My weight loss has slowed way down and I feel like I'm working hard for every pound I lose. You can do it! Just remember why you wanted this in the first place. And truly, the cliche is true. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! I have never felt so great in my entire life. Not only physically, but mentally as well. I have a hope I never had before that I can actually reach my ideal weight! You can, too! We can all be successful. Many have gone before us and have acheived their goals. Also, look at the many before and after pictures and read their profiles. See what made them successful. It's very motivating! Hang in there! Most importantly, I remember to give the glory to God for my surgery and the success so far. Okay. I've rambled enough! You can do it, Kylie! Just get back to the basics of the rules your surgeon gave you. Best wishes! Sherry 259/164/130
wantstowin2
on 9/2/06 12:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Kylie, I can really relate to what you said in your message. I too have been testing the waters re food and have found that I can eat everything. I am 7 lbs. away from my goal and feel and look great. Up until now, I hadn't been eating any bread (I've had a little bread in the past two weeks) or pasta (I had some pasta last night) or starches. I was just eating protein, fruit and veggies. I have found that exercising is a great help, especially at this time. I walk at least 4 miles every day. And I have been knitting -- this helps me keep busy and not eat. Good luck on your journey! Janet
janh
on 9/2/06 1:54 am - Kittanning, PA
So if our honeymoon is over-I'm in trouble. I am 8 months out now and still have at least 40 pounds to go. I do get hungry and also use decaf as a tummy tamer. Also-Orville makes a great kettle corn that pops up in individual bags for only 100 calories. I find it a good snack=you get lots and it tastes good too.
sherry
on 9/5/06 11:32 pm - deer park, TX
Hi, Jan. What I meant by the honeymoon being over is that, for me, the rapid weight loss is over. I'm no longer dropping several pounds per week. Now, I'm lucky if I get 5 pounds per month. I work out 5 days per week, eat two protein supplements per day, and I don't eat sweets. I snack too much some days which I think is slowing down my weight loss. I hope I didn't discourage you. My doctor just told me the first 6 months is the rapid weight loss phase. Take care and best wishes. Sherry
coffee
on 9/8/06 11:20 am - arlington, WA
Kylie, blessedly I do not have hunger problems, but my "head" is still not healed. I had 4 days this week where all I wanted to do was eat, and I had to fight it off. One day I cried about an hour. My daughter who fights 30 lbs is frustrated with me and says I should be happy with 118 lb weight loss in 9 months. I am... But I am 54 and have been eating wrong since I was about 17 years old. That pattern is not going to change overnight. This is the first time I have ever changed my eating habbits and not "cheated" so this is very different, but the desire to run to food if stressed or upset, or when others are eating buffets etc. Can still hit me....Sosmetimes when I least expect it. I find I can cope better if I am not tired, so keep rested and nap if you need it. Praying, drinking lots of cyrstal light and looking at fat pictures and telling myself, "which person do you want to listen to... The person you were in this picture 118 lbs ago, or the person you are becoming???" helps me. When I feel I can not stop from eating something even when not hungry I eat a dill pickle. It takes away any desire for junk food or sweets for me. Hang in there.... Hope this helps. Pam
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/06 2:07 am - SC
I was crying all other the place, "what happened?" I can eat, I mean really EAT! Yep, the honeymoons over, but that is OK! We have done what we thought was the impossible already!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Just stick to the rules..5 hours between meals, no drinking 1 1/2 to 2 hours after you eat..then drink, drink, drink..drink a protein drink to ward off hunger inbetween if you have to or have something small, non fat, non carb. At meal time, eat your fill with dense protien first! I wish all our December babies all the luck in the world..I know I sure need all I can get! Make these rules a lifestyle, never ever get off that wagon!!!
chauncine
on 9/12/06 6:43 am - Milwaukee, WI
Kylie, I'm having issues with being able to eat whatever I want. The problem is that I'm not hungry but falling back into bad emotional coping mechanisms. My surgeon was concerned enough that he recommended that I seek help from a therapist. He also requested a follow-up appointment. Whatever is causing the head hunger you need to deal with it. I've stretched my stomach and have been at the same weight for 3 months. I've recognized what I'm doing to myself and am seeking help. It's not easy, nothing worth it ever is. Good luck. Chauncine
pettykash
on 9/14/06 5:05 am - Galveston, TX
Well hello stranger. I think we are all eating more and more now. I have noticed that I do a lot better with 6 small meals a day than trying to do 3. I have really gotten back into the water water water. Its not easy and the honeymoon is over. What happen to the 12 to 18 months?????? Evey one keeps saying I don't need to loose any more. If I do I'll be happy just pray I don't gain and so for so good PK
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 730 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 687 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 785 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1155 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1089 views