My bones

pettykash
on 9/3/06 6:23 am - Galveston, TX
I have had so many ortho surgeries. Now I am getting ready to have another one Oct 16. I fell into the fridge years ago trying to walk cute in some very cute slippers. Needless to say I tossed them. Now they have to totally replace my left shoulder. I am use to them working from the waist down. I am wondering how am I going to move with out using that arm I guess its not really any different than it is now. I barely raise it because it hurts so bad. You can hear the bones crunching in there Just felt like talking PK
Chocolate Angel
on 9/4/06 10:30 pm - Chicago, IL
This sounds VERY painful, I pray that every thing will go well.
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/06 8:53 am - SC
I'm sorry to hear about all your pain, Petty. But I'm glad to hear you are going to have it fixed. I'll pray the surgery goes well and after the healing, you'll be pain free and doing this, ! Take care, Jan
sherry
on 9/5/06 11:23 pm - deer park, TX
Hi, Petty. Remind us again when your surgery gets closer. I want to be sure to pray for your speedy recovery and to check in on you to see how you are doing! Take care. Sherry
coffee
on 9/8/06 5:44 am - arlington, WA
Hi, ah yes joints. Even after losing 65% of my excess weight I still have joint pain. I have had both knees replaced, one twice, 3 shoulder surgeries due to torn rotator cuff, capral tunnel, and 2 surgeries to my left foot and ankle.( plus 5 other surgeries, and I am only 54) I did not realize they replaced shoulders. I imagine after healing you will feel much better. I know after my shoulder surgeries, I had to sleep in a reclining chair for about 3 months, so if you do not have one, but can borrow one, that might be a good idea. Also consider getting the wrap around gel pack for shoulders, it is easier and lighter way to keep it iced after surgery. Be sure to stay on top of whatever exercises and therapy they give you, and don't be like my friend who decided to try some on her own which had not been recommended! Ps don't forget to ask for liquid pain medication and nausea medicine!! And try to get it filled before surgery, so you do not have to stop on the way home. Blessings!
pettykash
on 9/8/06 10:12 am - Galveston, TX
Pam hi Just read your profile and I think you may be my missing twin. I have been in ortho so much it never crossed my mind that they may not replace something. They have replaced so much on me already. Thanks for the heads up on the wrap around gel pack. Are they at Walmart??? I think every thing is at Walmart. I am already on liquid pain meds. I still have a hard time with any pill. Seems they all get stuck in my throat. With all my surgeries I never needed nausea meds before but this is a new day. I will ask about it. I'll be 56 Sept 23. They are going to run a rod through my arm bone like they did my thighs and legs then replace the ball and the cup. Every thing is gone and you can hear my bones crunching. I wish I could get a whole body bone transplant. Sounds too much like Dr. Frankinstien doesnt it. Oh and I stopped going in airports years ago after the first time I was beeping the machine and the hand warn and I kept trying to tell them it was all the metal inside of me. I don't want to be no accident. No one believed me until I showed them the keliod scars.
coffee
on 9/8/06 11:27 am - arlington, WA
Hi twinny!!! You can get a special card for the airports, because I have one, I also got my surgeon to write me a letter on letterhead stating I need water and protein many times throughtout the day for the rest of my life due to my gastric bypass surgery and should be allowed to bring them onto the plane. I had hoped that after losing so much weight the pain would go away, but no such luck! My knees must hurt less than before though, but one still hurts even when not on it, as does my left foot , elblow, right wrist and arms. Oh well, I will live longer!! When I had my surgery, my Dr. wrote me a prescription for the pack, and I got it at a physical therapy place.( about $40 ) You could probably get one through a medical care supply place, too, but with a prescription hopefully insurance will buy it or part of it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 736 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 688 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 785 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1156 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1090 views