Are you too thin now?????

pettykash
on 11/21/06 9:02 am - Galveston, TX
What are people telling you? As you know I am trying to hold my weight so my healing will be a success. But people are telling me don't loose any more weight. If I wasn't going into surgery I would still be trying to loose. I intended to try to loose a little more when I healed. Now I am getting this from thick and thin people. So I know it is not an envy thing. Are people telling you that you are too thin now. Don't loose any more weight. What are they saying. I think for my self one of the reasons is that I will keep wearing my clothes too big. So that probably makes me look as it I have lost more than I have. Being sick yesterday I went down to 175. I won't see my doctor any more before surgery so I am not worried about it. I am 5' 6 1/2" so I don't think I am too thin. In fact I don't think I am thin at all. I think this sista is FINE. But people are putting that thought in my head. What are people saying to you and how are you dealing with it?????
JodyY
on 11/21/06 7:58 pm - Scottville, MI
I've been hearing that a lot too.....don't loose more........I KNOW I could loose more.....I weight 170 and I'm 5'4". I'd like to weigh under 150 which is still far from "too thin". I think it's just such a shock for people to see us this way.....and most people my age (over 40) are a little overweight so it's hard to have a perspecitve on normal wt. I just tell people that I went into this for health and I'll stop loosing when my body or my doctor decide it's time. Also docs have told me that after 18+ months we'll gain a little back so I'd like to have a little 'cushion'. Take care.
April R.
on 11/21/06 10:14 pm - plymouth, MA
This drives me crazy!!!!! People are acting like I have an 'eating disorder' because I want to have a 'healthy' BMI.. which translates into me loosing 16 more pounds, weighing 140, and being at the top of what is considered normal for my 5'3" BMI range. I just find all the comments super ridiculous!!! I just want to feel "lean" once in my life and I finally have the chance to do it. In that, I certainly don't find anything wrong with trying to obtain this healthy goal for myself right now.. especially with all these crazy eating holidays in the horizon Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! April R
debbiecsturd
on 11/22/06 7:33 am - upstate small town, NY
I also have been getting this A LOT!! My own daughters have been talking behind by back thinking I am becoming anorexic. I am 5'7" and weigh 167 (pre-surgery topweight was 365). I agree no one can get used to the new us whether they are family, friends, work buddies or people you see once in awhile. I figure that Met-Life weight charts still say I am overweight...144-166 for my height. But I also figure I probably have 15 pounds of skin hanging all over so I feel I am where I should be. I feel great, get my protein, water, vitamins in every day so I just keep on truckin. People also keep talking about "head" issues. I guess so far I am lucky. I do see the new me as opposed to what I used to be. I am thrilled to be able to fit into a chair without worrying if it will break, fit into an airplane seat without sitting in someone else's lap, be able to tie my own shoes, and yes fit into a size 10 jean is also great. I still have a lot of back pain (wished that had been fixed too), I also still really worry about gaining the weight back as I have seen people do that. I do not like the way I look in a bathing suit more now than when I was heavier (because of the skin issues), but I still go to the pool five days a week. I didn't expect this surgery to fix everything in my life, but I am grateful for the things it has fixed. It is getting a little old to have people tell me how terrible I look now, and that I will blow away and all the other cute little things people say to express their opinions about the change. I have learned to blow it all off. Finally I am doing something for me and it feels good.
Diona A.
on 11/24/06 5:50 am - Miles City, MT
People tell me that too. I weigh 155 and that is the very top of my BMI for 5'6". I want to loose another 15-20 pounds so I'm in the middle of the BMI. When I hear people say that I think it does something to my head because I start doing things to sabotage myself like munching on carbs! Though they are not close to the carbs I used to much on - no sugar - no or little fat! But still, not good for me. I think I fight depression even after being on Effexor for a couple of years so might have to go see a therapist to get around this. Don't let them sway you Petty! You know where you're at and what you need to do! By the way, mostly it is the jealous ones that say anything at all to me! The ones that need to loose weight and think that WLS is not right. I try to ignore them as much as possible because if they wanted, they could have it too! Diona
Becca W.
on 11/24/06 10:57 am - port hueneme, CA
I haven't got this yet... I still am at 210ish pounds though (Started very close to 400 though -- scary) I do keep getting "Oh my gosh, you're going to disappear altogether soon" a lot though. You guys are all an inspiration though. You're doing a fantastic job!!! Can you believe i's almost a year for us???
shoegirl1023
on 11/25/06 4:45 am - Solon, OH
I have been told this a few times also, and I LOVE IT!! let them say it, I don't care, it's better than hearing that good old one that goes like this...."you have such a pretty face, but you really should lose a little weight"... yep, let me hear I'm too skinny, it's the best thing to hear. Regards to all my new skinny friends. Joanne
Dori V.
on 11/29/06 8:43 pm - Greenville, MI
I hear this alot, I started out at 286.5 and an now at 157, People are telling me all the time that I need to stop losing the weight.. Um if someone shows me the stop button Id press it. Before surgery I heard nothing but... Your gonna die if you dont losr weight .. and Now I hear nothing but.. Oh my Stop losing the weight!! it drives me crazy!!! (((HUGS))) Dori
Northstar
on 12/7/06 11:51 pm - Struthers, OH
Hi All Happy 1st year to every one. Now...Scrawny, too skinny, anarexic, skin and bones, yeah people have a lot of oppinions don't they? When they comment I just say "tell me more". I'm not realy used to having my body described in those terms. Pre-surgery I'm sure it was stuff like "poor thing" "the big girl" if they were being kind and well who knows what else...so I don't care who thinks I am too skinny. By the way I was dating this guy and we were making out on the couch one night when all of a sudden he picked me up and carried me off...well I won't get to detailed but I am so glad I am so "skinny". Madeline
amij
on 12/8/06 9:08 am
I have been getting that from almost everyone. People are so scared that I am going to waste away to nothing (my poor grandmother especially). I am 5'4" and I currently weigh 138. I think that I look nice, but everyone keeps telling me that I look sick. I think people just get used to seeing us heavier that when we do lose the weight and get down to our ideal weight it is just a shock to people and they think we are now too thin. I don't let it bother me because I know that I am healthier and I LOOK GOOD!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 726 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 682 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 783 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1152 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1085 views