TAILBONE PAIN

shoegirl1023
on 12/11/06 5:41 am - Solon, OH
I can't remember if I have posted this before, but is there anyone out there suffering from pain in their tailbone? I know its from all the weightloss and its fine with me, the weightloss anyway, but boy, it is so painful at times, any suggestions to ease the discomfort? Thanks Joanne
Kristin T.
on 12/15/06 5:00 am - Prairieville, LA
Our padding is gone! My tailbone hurts when I sit on anything that is not cushioned. My husband jokes that I need to start taking a chair cushion with me everywhere I go, and I'm starting to think it's not a bad idea. My mom, who actually had this surgery 5 years ago, did take a chair cushion with her, even to sit on in the car! We all thought she was so funny, but now I see why!
shoegirl1023
on 12/15/06 10:06 am - Solon, OH
Hey there, Thanks for your reply Kristin. I also want to mention that I have also been experiencing a slight numbness in my right calve and right side of the foot, its just a slight numbness, more like a tingling sensation. I have been told by my chiropractor that it comes from the pressure of the tailbone on the sciatica nerve, have u experienced that at all? Please let me know. Thanks. Joanne
bdub
on 12/16/06 6:30 am - Midwest City, OK
My tailbone also hurts. But the way I see it when I weighed 382 I hurt all the time so I can just deal with a sore rear. I hope that working in the gym will put a little padding back Thanks Bret -179lbs
lsleach
on 1/12/07 12:50 pm - Ransom Canyon, TX
Hi Joanne. It's reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one, but yes my tailbone hurts. It's about my only complaint and it is certainly something I can deal with. I used to love to ride my recombinant (sp?) exercise bike but now it hurts my tail bone too badly, so I rarely use it any more. The pillow idea is a great suggestion - we probably should carry around a little inflatable travel pillow for the times when it really gets to us!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 726 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 683 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 783 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1152 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1085 views