my 1 year re-birthday

sarahj
on 12/14/06 11:43 am - Hicksville, OH
I posted this on the IN board and thought I would share with my December buddies. 1 whole year for us can you believe it? Hi all, 1 year ago today I was sitting in the pre-op area with the worst headache of my life ( off diet pepsi ). Today I am 113 pounds lighter. It has been a crazy ride, with so many changes. I am so emotional today, sitting here crying as I write this. Its been a hard year, from approval to surgery date was only 9 days. The day of my pre-op testing we found out my husbands mom only had 2 weeks to 2 months to live and she died 6 weeks later. She was so proud of me for taking control of my life, and I know she's in heaven cheering me on. I am so thankful for this second chance at life. I didn't realize at the time how unhappy, unhealthy, and sick I really was. This year has been so hard on so many levels, but I also have gotten to know things about myself I never knew. I am completely different, and I'm treated differently by people now. I have wondered if its because I've lost weight, but the reality is I think I let people know what I need and expect instead of just being able to eat it all away. I am so thankful for this gift that God has given me. I'm thankful for the support of this group who I am so proud to call my friends. I couldn't have made it this far with all your help. I am so thankful for my great family, especially my mom, who has worried about me constantly, but been there for everything. My great husband, who has been by me every step of the way, I have felt guilty this year, because at times I couldn't be there for him like he needed, because I had to focus on myself. Grieving the loss of his mom and living with a person who is changing as much as I am is hard, but he is so proud of me and I'm so thankful for him. and my kids who now say "Mommy you can try this its sugar free". They made me a little book with before and after pics, I just might have to post the pic of my 9 year old holding up my old undies, nest to the 3 year old holding up the new undies. They definately ar e creative, and proud of me. For all of you who are pre-op or thinking about the surgery, there are times its not fun, not easy, and you think why did I do this, but its all worth it. To be healthy, to look and feel better, to have a chance to do things I never would have done while heavy. Its truly a blessing, and this Christmas I get to eat. Thanks everybody, Sarah
C B
on 12/16/06 10:55 am - Houston, TX
go YOU! your kids are hilarious! my 14 yr old daughter and i have a laughing hissy fit when the both of us get in a pair of my old jeans.. thanks for sharing your story
sherry
on 12/19/06 11:42 pm - deer park, TX
Awww. That made me giggle about the undies! Congrats to you! Sherry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 726 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 683 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 783 views
Happy 6th Birthday!