Choosing my new style!

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/07 1:24 am
The journey is 18 months long since surgery. My life has been about my weight for much, much longer. One topic I really wonder about is "style" and how it comes to everyone. I always dressed well for my "size" and looked nicely presented. I wore lots of prints and colors that made up for shape. I was often complimented on my clothing. I would have called it understated large. As I have begun to shop for new purchases, I am amazed at the overwhelm to make choices. I no longer have to choose between two things because the fit, but a whole world of options! I am wondering, how has your style evolved as your body became so new? Maybe you were normal sized as an adult and you are returning to that size. For me, I have never shopped in anything but a large size store. My body is thickest through the middle, even with my weight loss. I still wear most everything with a shirt tail on the outside. (Not tucked in). Dresses lay better now, but heck, I live in Florida and formal wear is no swim suits! I haven't worn sleeveless unless I was in a swim suit on the beach. My biggest shock is choosing solid colors now. I don't really require the camoflauge of prints. I go for items that do not hug my 'muffin top' above pants or skirts. If I wear waist tight pants it accentuates the muffin, so I avoid those choices. I have resorted to a form fitting camisole under everything to keep the belly jiggles under control. I am five four, size 14, 165 pounds with a wasit still at 38 inches. (down from 52) I am down 90 pounds from my highest. I see another 15-20 pounds coming off.........very very slowly. Up till now, I bought most of my downward slide clothes at consignment stores and was the blessed one with some very nice hand-me-downs. Now, I am beginning to shop for real. And I have no idea what my style is. Experiences desired! Thanks. Vicky
sandyfeets
on 8/12/07 4:38 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
YOUR style is what you like, fits well and makes you feel GOOD on the inside. I still keep the same style clothing----good fitting, pleated trousers or capris. With colorful solid or print tops. I have saved some of my classic dresses for when I lost weight and am just now--getting back into them. I love the kind of look from "LLBean or JCrew" So I am working within those parameters---thought I do every now and then throw caution to the wind and get something trendy ----like LIME green capris with a CUTE top and then matching sandals. THAT outfit just made me feel like the tropical Florida woman I am.
shoegirl1023
on 9/3/07 5:45 am - Solon, OH
I went from a size 18-20 to a 2-4-6 and I just love "playing dressup" these days. I always dressed appropriate for my age (48), but now I find myself buying in the a lot of boutiques, and in juniors in the department stores, but I never look like one of those old women trying to look like a teenager, but I am having fun with the younger looking clothes and no more conservative looks. Jeans is now my big collection, I went from owning none to around 15 pairs now!!! I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but I just feel wonderful about it all, not to mention how healthy and alive I feel. By the way Vicky, where do u live in Florida, maybe I could be your personal shopper I have to admit I am very good at it!! Take care and hugs to you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 726 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 683 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 783 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1152 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1085 views