Dec 1st is the big day but am I setting myself up to fail???...

MsDee
on 11/22/05 1:55 pm - Round Rock, TX
Lap Band on 12/01/05 with
I'm excited, scared , nervous and think that I'm ready. But here's my delima- my best friend had Gastric Bypass yesterday - we did this together, seminar, pre-op... I chose Lap because I'm affraid of the other and my husband was really concerned - so this was the "happy medium" - I know that her weight loss will be much faster than mine, so do you think that I setting myself up for disappointment? - I'm affraid that I will become discouraged... Any advise?
C B
on 11/24/05 12:18 pm - Houston, TX
frist off, CONGRATS! and i hope you wouldnt compare yourself to your best friend. you chose your tool for personal reasons and you just have to remember that. concentrate on the good stuff and excercise together
MsDee
on 11/24/05 1:23 pm - Round Rock, TX
Thank you for the support and for responding - I actually had a really productive conversation with her tonight about my fears and the difference in our choices - we have committed to support each other through frustration and working out - not focusing on the pounds lost. It's funny because she was feeling the same way, because she is about 153 pounds heavier than I am, she was worried that I would reach my goal before she did and would be out shopping at "Lerners" with out her.
hershey dream
on 11/25/05 4:50 am - Duluth, GA
When I started my WLS journey, I was constantly looking at Before/After pictures of people who started at around the weight that I am, but I realized that everybod'sy success is measured differently. Because your friend is heavier, the Lap Band may not have worked as well for her as it will for you. No comparisons, just love and be there for each other.
MsDee
on 11/25/05 7:25 am - Round Rock, TX
Thank you for your feedback and support - I sent you a seperate email - did you get it?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 725 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 680 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 782 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1150 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1082 views