12/20...My Christmas gift to myself

DLJones
on 11/23/05 9:41 pm - Lockhart, TX
i have a surgery date! 12/20/05. yes it is right before christmas but in a way it is my christmas present to myself for a healthier life. i am happy and excited yet nervous and a bit ashamed too. happy and excited because i have waiting since march to get approved f/ my ins. co. i know to be nervous is normal. and about being ashamed...like i mentioned in my profile is because that it has come to this (surgery) due to my weight...that i let it get so out of control until where i am now.
robinsoc140
on 11/23/05 10:05 pm - Leesburg, FL
Don't be ashamed - you have opened your life to a whole new world. My surgeon told me that Obesity is an illness. Don't be ashamed of an illness. Good Luck and Prayers to you. Carol
Brenna
on 11/23/05 10:48 pm - Lyons, MI
I am 34, I turn 35 on Dec. 6. My b-day gift is surgery. I have only had a weight problem for 5 years or so, I too felt ashamed. I got over it when I realized this was my last option. I had tried everything else. So, I hold my head up high, and tell everyone I am having WLS Dec. 10, and I'll be healthier than ever. Keep your head up. Be proud you have taken the steps to get where you are, and continue through this journey knowing you have all of us in your corner.
C B
on 11/24/05 12:22 pm - Houston, TX
CONGRATS DONNA!! my date is a day before yours.. 12/19 and i think the same way.. Merry Christmas to us and to a healthier life
Kingguy
on 11/24/05 11:23 pm - nashville, TN
Congrats again on your surgery date. I'm like you I have alot of mixed feelings. one thats bothering me is .am I making it hard on my family right here at chrismas. Oh well my Insur changes in Jan so I have No choice. mine is Dec 19th. Merry Christmas Tom
Beth Hand (was
Gothro)

on 11/26/05 10:09 am - Fowlerville, MI
Congrats! Mine's the same day. I told my husband that for Christmas dinner, I'll be having broth and lime jello shaped like a tree! Good luck!!!
cgunter78
on 11/27/05 11:41 am - Augusta, GA
I'm the 20th also! I hope all goes well for all of you. Make sure you keep posting on the board so we know all well you are doing! Best wishes! Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 730 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 687 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 784 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1155 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1089 views