2 week pre op liquid diet

Brenna
on 11/25/05 4:41 am - Lyons, MI
Is anyone else going through a program that requires you to do a 2 week pre op liquid diet???
toula21
on 11/25/05 4:46 am - Saint Joseph, MN
Yes, actually mine is almost a three week. My surgeon wants me to loose as much weight as I can before surgery and also to get your stomach to start shrinking. I start on 11/28 with surgery on 12/16.
Mz. T.
on 11/26/05 11:59 am - chicago, IL
RNY on 12/27/05 with
I am curious to know what's a typical liquid diet constists of for you? I am interested in starting soon, but want some ideas of a sample menu. Thanks Tammy
chauncine
on 11/27/05 4:22 am - Milwaukee, WI
All, When I spoke to my RD about the 2 week liquid phase she told me to be mindful that not every surgeon/program follows the same diet. Therefore, my advice is to consult your dietician and/or surgeon. Saying that, after reading your preop diet I'm trying to figure out how this can be considered liquid if you're allowed fruits and vegetables. This past weekend I have participated in a food orgy and need to get back on track with the 2 week liquid phase. Again, good luck to all of the December babies. :cheer: Chauncine RNY 12/12/05
prcanmita
on 11/25/05 8:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
I to am on this program I just started mine today for surgery on the 8th. So far so good but it's easy for me while I'm at work I'm worried about when I go home Will I still be ok. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that I will follow this to the tee because I am not risking it for anything but I'm just wondering if I'm going to get cranky or be mean the last thing I want to do is be mean to my family they have been so patient with me so far. Laura M. Las Vegas, NV
robinsoc140
on 11/25/05 8:48 am - Leesburg, FL
I am now on at least 2 protien drinks a day and oen meal. My surgery is on the 7th. Carol
chauncine
on 11/28/05 12:03 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Laura, I dubbed this day "Black Monday" because it was day one of my two week liquid protein fast. I went to GNC and tried a new RTD protein shake based on the manager's recommendation, it had 34g of protein and was 17 oz, Chocolate Muscle Milk. I was surprised at how full I felt after drinking it. The aftertaste, however left much to be desired. Tonight, my little SF jello cups felt like decadent dessert. We can do this! Chauncine RNY 12/12/06
helmar
on 11/26/05 2:10 am - Kittery, ME
The packet I received from the hospital when I started the process specified a 10 day pre op liquid diet. In my pre-op appointment with the surgeon he said that this was left over from the earlier recommendations of the band manufacturer, and that I just need to maintain my pre-op loss with normal food. Frankly, the 10 day liquid diet was one of my major anxieties and I was very relieved to have it removed. Of course, no food after midnight the day before surgery. HBH Surgery date, December 2, 2005 High - 309 Starting WLS process - 278 Current - 264
Patricia Sbr
on 11/26/05 8:34 am - Canton, NY
My surgeon requires only a three day liquid diet, which for me starts the day after Christmas for my 12/19 surgery. I'm not sure I could handle two weeks right at the holidays! (But I would, of course, because it is worth it!)
ginamaria91171
on 11/27/05 1:03 am - Mentor, OH
This has been a great source of concern for me also. I have been trying to wean myself doing one liquid meal a day to kind of get closer so it won't be so hard. I've gone through the headaches, stomach aches and mood swings, would be nice if that's it. Like someone else said its easier for me at work because I really don't have time to think about it there, but when I come home its a different story. I stood in front of the fridge this morning thinking do I make breakfast my liquid meal or another. I think I stood there for 5 minutes, even walked back to the fridge two time, but finally decided to leave the kitchen all together with a zone shake and a cup of hot coco and I'm okay. Its just a moment in time and I'm determined to take oneday at a time and I think that will help.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 730 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 687 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 784 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1155 views
How is everyone doing?
bdub · 4 replies · 1089 views