any ideas??

Saababy
on 2/25/11 9:42 am - Templeton, MA
I had a RNY in Dec. of 2008 and have a variety of problems of complications but I have learned to live with them.  The biggest problem I have had to face is a complete inability to eat any and all meat.  I do not like any seafood so my eating options are very limited, as I am sure you can tell. 
For the past week however, I have been fighting some very unusual problems and I hope someone here can give me some advice.  Since last Monday I have had horrible diarrhea and gas everytime I eat.  I tried not eating solid foods for a couple of days and it calmed down.  I thought it was over so I started eating again.  It wasn't over!!  The diarrhea and gas started all over again but now it is joined with vomiting at the same time.  I also have had a great deal of pain in my pouch/chest area and upper back.  I had those before and had to have an ERCP to get rid of stones and sludge in the common bile ducts.  I have no idea if those are all related or not but it is not fun. 
Since it is Friday night now I can't contact my surgeon until Monday.  I am trying really hard to stay hydrated but I am getting a little bit nervous.
Thanks for whatever help you can give me.
TTFN (TAA TAA FOR NOW)   SAABABY!
blisandt
on 5/26/11 4:54 pm - MA
Sounds like a tough scene... I do some TVP - textured vegetable protein - on a little peanut butter on crackers for my breakfast every day... with a few raisins on top... TVP is trick to find, but tasteless and healthy... it's made by Bob Redmills and it's usually the ONE kind not in the glutenfree section where all the other B R stuff is... but keep looking and asking... and keep working at it!

Highest: 324
Initial Consult: 315
Start of PreOpDiet: 301
Op Date (12/9/08): 286
08/26/09: ONDERLAND
MD's Goal: 188
Lap RNY and Lap Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder) date: 12/09/08
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1330 views
any ideas??