failed wls for me

sweetdarling_ab
on 2/23/07 11:03 am - Calgary, Canada
hi, i was just wondering if anyone has a rny and gained most of their weight back. i had wls 3 years ago and am almost back to my original weight feel like a failure and not sure what to do. dr.nohr was my sureon. Dawn
SoniaB
on 3/3/07 2:06 pm - Windsor, Canada
Go to the WLS regrets or complications and post there...I've seen a few posts about gaining weight back. You might find more posts than expected.
SoniaB
on 3/3/07 2:07 pm - Windsor, Canada
Sorry I hope that didn't sound mean...I just meant that you might get a lot more feedback if you post on one of those forums.
glenda75
on 3/21/07 9:32 am - didsbury, Canada
I had surgery in 1999. after 3 kids back to back I have gained all my weight back plus 13lbs. I dont have any suggestions to offer. I know that keeping my weight off before the kids, I really had to exercise and watch what I ate. I just found this site myself and am now exploring to find doctors in the calgary area to see if I can have a revision done. Thanks, Glenda
sweetdarling_ab
on 3/22/07 3:07 pm - Calgary, Canada
hi thanks, no did not sound mean, i don't check yahoo account as much as i should. i will go there. hugs to all. Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/07 5:26 am - Newton, IA
Dawn, I know you posted this awhile back, but you should consider going to the DS Forum and talking with some of the posters there. A few have had revisions from the RNY to the DS. Many of them gained all of their weight back from RNY and are now losing again thanks to the DS. You may find it very helpful! Good luck!
reneikoh
on 4/18/07 4:58 am - Canada
Dear Dawn, I had gastric bypass surgery on October 16, 2007. I have dropped 85ibs, since my surgery. I understand the fear of gaining back the weight, and after surgery it is a big change in life. Everyone makes mistakes, please do not feel like a failure. More people than you know have gained the weight back. I didn't even educate myself about the procedure of the surgery, contacts after the surgery, what I can and should be eating, and the change of relationships with others. I finally educated myself a little after the surgery was done. I am still learning things, and others are too. After surgery, I felt very alone. The message boards and forums do help, but I felt that everyone in my world would not or did not understand my fears. I have been seeing a therapist since my initial consultation with Dr. Nohr. My therapist has helped me a lot. I have been over weight since I was seven years old. There are always reasons behind weight gain. We need to find those skeletons and to deal with them. A nutritionist may help too. I have heard about how others gained back their weight and had also under went gastric bypass for a secong time, maybe you can check into it. I have a question for you, I want to start writing a book starting at the end of May. I want to write a book about peoples experiences with gastric bypass, before and after surgery. This book will strictly be about experiences, which may help others who plan on undergoing weight loss surgery. It is personal information, I will be conducting a series of questions that will apply to personal information and about the surgery itself. I just feel that the information given, is not enough. We also struggle with emotions and relationships with others. Would you be interested in telling your story? If you wish, you can remain anonymous and I can change your name. If you are interested, please email me at ([email protected]). I can conduct the interview personally, by email, or by phone. If you are interested, I will conduct the interview to suit your comfort. Thank you Renee Higa
FyernRain
on 6/4/07 2:01 am - Edmonton, Canada
These 'failed' surgeries....what type were they? I am curious to know...and yes we all 'fall off the wagon'....don't feel ashamed...we are only human!!
Most Active