Stevia

sheilapinkney
on 4/26/11 6:51 am - Calgary, Canada
Can someone help me find where I can buy Stevia here in Alberta?  I am unsure where to find it.  I have looked in a few different places, and I know it is here, but where should I go.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Sheila in Calgary

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/26/11 8:50 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I bought it at Super Store - by the other artificial sweeteners. The brand I got is called Stevia Sweet. I wish you were closer. I bought 2 packages of it and don't like it at all.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Mykmini
on 4/26/11 10:21 am
RNY on 03/15/12
 Hey!

Both the sugar free and more store and nutters here in Red Deer sell it. (I was at nutters today and saw all different kinds, flavored, liquid, powdered, etc)
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

Coopers_mom
on 4/26/11 11:51 am - Canada
A lot of the "no-name" stevia's from the health food stores have a bad aftertaste (we tried sooo many!).  We liked the Stevia Sweet at first, but then we discovered Truvia and loved it.  We buy Truvia from www.thelowcarbgrocery.com and we really like buying it from there.  It ships in less than a week and it's fairly inexpensive.

Hope that helps

Jill

FDL Abdominoplasty, Monsplasty, MR, Lipo to Flanks: August 18, 2011

SkidPlate
on 4/28/11 7:09 pm - Canada
The best place I have found so far is Homesteader Health (Downtown) in Grande Prairie, they do mail order over the phone. They have a 454 gram/1 lb bottle of powder for 21.99. The brand is "New Roots Herbal" spoonable stevia sugar. 

I use it for Iced tea and I love it. I have been drinking iced tea with stevia for about five years now and I have tried a bunch of brands and styles like powdered, liquid, packets etc. So far this is by far the best deal for stevia I have found for taste and price. I drink a gallon of iced tea a day and 1 bottle lasts me about three to four weeks.

Tea is the only beverage I care to have stevia added to. In everything else stevia tastes like poop as far as I am concerned. My wife likes vanilla flavored liquid stevia in her coffee, to me it has a funky after taste.

If anyone is interested in my Iced Tea recipe. I use four tea bags in 1 liter of water bring to a boil remove from burner then let the tea set for a couple of hours to steep, add to one gallon pitcher and water and three rounded teaspoons of new roots. Other brands, amount may differ to your taste.
Kelly-AnneH
on 4/30/11 5:11 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I saw Stevia Sweet at Costco here in Edmonton yesterday.
Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active