How is everyone doing?

Chance22
on 6/13/11 7:21 am - Canada
Hi Albertans!

I thought I would post a call out for updates on everyone! I check this forum often and it seems like we are getting into the summer lull on here... so I say let's shake it up and let everyone know how we are all doing.

Me, I had surgery on May 18th and it went really well. I was home two days later and off pain meds almost immediately. I am learning very slowly how to eat again. It turns out that my head is a major problem for me! I can not seem to get my brain to realize that my tummy is tiny and that I only have room for a very small amount of food. Even when I portion it out into my little ikea bowls and tell myslef to eat slowly, I struggle with it. My brain tells me I can not possibly be full with that amount of food or I ignore the slow eating entirely. BUT I have identified this behaviour and I am working hard to slow down and to listen to my body, not my head. I was a volume eater and I just need to learn that I can no longer eat that way.

I lost 13 lbs in the first two weeks but have since hit the three week stall. I am hoping that I will start seeing the scale move again soon but I'm also trying to remember that the real important thing at this point is not the scale so much as learning to use my new tool.

So enough about me... how are you?

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin      
Highest Weight: 242 lbs 1st Clinic visit: 236.8lbs
Weight at Surgery: 193.1 Surgery Date: May 18, 2011 Current Weight: 134.4 lbs

Heatherde
on 6/13/11 9:01 am
Not doing so well right now. Still pre-op. Possibly Sept or Oct. for surgery. Having some real hard times right now. Hopefully things will change again.

Heather
Heatherde
on 6/13/11 9:25 am
Gizzys
on 6/14/11 1:21 am - Canada

I am still waiting for surgery as well.  My date is in December 2012 and I am desperately hoping for a phone call before then.  But I know Dr. Nohr does not do any surgeries during the summer so I might as well enjoy the summer as is.  Planning camping trips, and a Disneyland trip in October.
I am suffering with chronic plantar's faciitus in my right foot and am currently wearing an air cast for 4-6 weeks.  Sucks!  But it just has to get better before Disneyland.  All you do there is walk!  If the cast doesn't help then the next step is foot surgery which I am trying to avoid at all costs.  Yes, I did get the lecture about too much weight on my foot.  So I am trying to lose a few pounds as well.  Have invested in a recumbent exercise bike for home.  Figure I can get some exercise without putting so much pressure on the darn foot.

Hope everyone is doing well and have exciting plans for summer

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

bonnietuck
on 6/14/11 4:08 am - Canada
hi there, i had my surgery may 3 and went through the exact thing as you are. lost great the second week and then a stall, seemed forever. as of today, june 14 i am down 25lbs. i could eat anything just about as soon as i got home, i was hungry all the time. now i really have to watch what i put on my plate. my tummy has shrunk! i try to make sure i get my 60grams plus of protein and starting to add fruit and vegetables. hard to do with while keeping my calorie count under 700. i do try to eat every 3 hours now. at first it was every couple of hours. i go see the dietian on friday. think he will try to get me off the protein drink i have in the morning. it will be hard to get all the protein without this. find i eat lots of tuna and salmon now these days. its coming off, been a long wait, but wow, i don't fill my life with eatting all the time anymore. funny to think when i used to eat over 2500 calories a day and now its so few....here's to us and the new looks we will be flaunting!  not to mention the health and activity!
deedee123
on 6/14/11 12:00 pm - Canada
Hey Chance, glad you are recovering well.  Still waiting from my end...likely to be the same as Heather for date we are pretty close in approval time.  Today was my Birthday and I decided to treat myself to a McChicken...yes I know its wrong but I did it anyways without guilt...then I barfed 20 minutes later...lol....was way too heavy...but I will admit it tasted good...only the first time though...lol  Won't do that again any time soon....LESSON LEARNED

Deanne

Referral October 2008 - lost    1st Clinic visit Nov 2010  VSG September 13, 2011  
Weight lost from 1st clinic visit to surgery 100lbs   Goal - 160-180 (I think)
Anukis
on 6/14/11 12:09 pm - Edmonton, Canada
I'm also waiting for the call for surgery; it could happen in July or August.  I have my info for the pre-op diet, everything is purchased that I think I need, so I'm just trying to chill until I get the call.  I go about once a month to the WW Clinic to get weighed in.  I've been maintaining - what a relief.  It's not too hard to keep focused; I keep reminding myself that I worked so hard to get the approval in the first place, but of course there are days that annoying head hunger hits and it's a bigger struggle.

Keelan
on 6/14/11 12:51 pm
Thanks for starting such an awesome thread.
I'm still on the loosing end but it's quite slow these days. I had initially set my personal goal as 140 but I'm thinking in the end I might have to re-vamp it to be in the 150's.
I don't go back to the clini****il the last week of August and I am so hoping to get my plastics referral then as they promised. I swear my tummy skin must weigh 20 pounds and it bothers the heck out of me. I want it gone like yesterday. Some days I'm more self conscience than I was at 274 pounds, funny eh and oh ya I still have my fat moments where my head forgets that I've lost over one hundred pounds.
Over 8 months out and my only regret is that I waited so long to have this surgery done. I finally like myself and I feel better now than I did in my 20's. I'm actually turned a few heads these days and sorry to say to my other half but I like it..lol..He's might jealous these days, there's a new hot mama in town.
I'm also thinking of doing the CIBC Run for the Cure in October too with my cousin who is one of my biggest cheerleaders, I'm also hopig my sister will join us.
Chance darling keep it up and your stall will end soon. For all the ladies waiting for your date,m trust me your call will come when you least expect it. Good Luck everyone.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Adrianna O.
on 6/14/11 10:31 pm - Canada
Hey Chance and everyone else!

This week I'm doing pretty good. Last week I was okay. I was just getting so tired of having to watch everything I eat and different things. But I know that I have this tool and I am going to use it. I am also going to do a 5k run/walk on September 25 so I'm starting to train for it. And I decided to go to the States for holidays and for my one year surgiversary. So I'm headed to the States sometime around July 16 or so. I'm so excited! I'm going SHOPPING!!! That is pretty much all that is new at my end...well I am still losing but it comes and goes. I'll lose nothing for 2 or 3 weeks and then like last week I'll be down 6 pounds. So who knows!

Relene
on 6/26/11 12:13 am - Irma, Alberta, Canada

Hey all!

I haven't been on in a long time,, but when I saw this thread I just thought I better read and reply. 

It seems that a year post op the weight loss slows down.  I was afraid it might stop, but it is slowly still coming off.  I eat like a normal person, just smaller portions.  And I have decided that my body and my mind are worth feeding healthy, nutritious foods, so I don't find it as much of a struggle to eat properly.  I abused my body before and I am not willing to mess up my second chance.  It's libertating to know that I am in charge of me.  I work out a minimum of 5 days a week and my body is fairly toned.  I have muscles where I never knew muscles could exist.  I am happy, healthy, energetic and I feel beautiful!        Relene

HW 370  Pre-op weight 297 CW191.0  updated June 26/11

Most Active