What are you CELEBRATING today?

Chance22
on 8/16/11 5:58 am - Canada
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to focus on the victories that have nothing to do with the scale today because I know that my scale victories are going to get to be less and less... so better start fist-bumping for NSVs!

So... today I am celebrating that I bought TWO new dresses at Wal-Mart and they fit perfectly and are MEDIUMS!! and my mum bought them so they were free!

And one more scale victory (because I'm three months out from surgery and the scale is still an important measurement tool!), I have hit my one year weight loss goal from the WW clinic, I weighed in at 164.4 lbs this morning.

What is everyone else celebrating?

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin      
Highest Weight: 242 lbs 1st Clinic visit: 236.8lbs
Weight at Surgery: 193.1 Surgery Date: May 18, 2011 Current Weight: 134.4 lbs

trapped37
on 8/16/11 7:14 am

you had surgery at almost my goal weight! I am surprised, and  confused.. but good for you! I celebrate that I don't have any tight clothes! lol i had lost 100lbs before and therefore have had lots of clothing options, along with my shopping ;)  But now I need some new jeans and dress pants for work! I don't like anything baggy i like fitted things now!!  And if you seen my post from last week I can wrap a towel around me!!!  love it!!

Tige-Girl
on 8/16/11 11:36 am - Canada
I'm celebrating the fact that with summer ALMOST over, I did not overeat all summer with the socializing and traveling! It's been a little tricky with some visits where food is PUSHED at you but I'm learning/have learned to decline with "No thanks, trying to quit!" You and I have pretty much the same presurgical weight. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Dr. Birch Sept 19th to continue on this path and get FINALLY below 200lbs. Congrats to you on your successes to date and keep up the good work!! Hopefully you can hit some great summer sales!!!!!
Chance22
on 8/17/11 3:13 am - Canada
Why are you surprised and confused? (not getting defensive just looking to understand why my weight at surgery would be confusing to someone.)

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin      

trapped37
on 8/17/11 3:34 am
At under 200lbs wouldn't you be considered overweight not morbidly obese? It is my understanding that you have to be morbidly obese, or obese with co-morbidities? whatever that word is! Health issues. lol  The BMI i had heard, I was just above it and healthy so I was worried that I may not qualify.  Good thing I had no trouble ( I wouldn't change this for anything!)

Wouldn't it be possible for you to lose too much starting so low? I'm not sure.. that's why i said i'm confused :)  Agreed we all have our battles and our own body images to contend with, I only mentioned it because my goal weight is 175! I (and I alone) would not have had surgery if I could have gotten my weight under 200lbs by my own will.

Please believe I wasn't judging your personal choices!! :)

Chance22
on 8/17/11 4:22 pm - Canada
When I started with the weight wise clinic my BMI was 45 and I have comorbitities, so I was always a surgery candidate. Even my current BMI of 30.7 is still considered obese, I have to get down to 160lbs to get into "overweight". The joys of being short!

I had many reasons why I chose surgery and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I decided when I asked for my referral to the clinic that I was in for the long haul and that surgery was my goal. At no point did I have a number on the scale that would have been my cut off point where I would not have had surgery.

The weight wise clinic bases whether you have surgery or not on your progress through the program not necessarily on the scale, although that is a tool they use in monitoring. As long as I fell within the requirements for referral to the program and didn't self-sabotage or have health concerns that made surgery unsafe... I was always a good surgical candidate.

I don't know about a risk for losing too much. I have a tight sleeve but I lose about a pound a week which is a healthy weight loss. I could see if I'd gone in for RNY where that would be a concern. I trust that my body will let me know when it is all finished losing and in the meantime, I'm learning all the tools I need to keep my healthy lifestyle going for the rest of my days.

Thanks for answering my query about your comment! It's great to be able to have the back and forth, particularly when we have had different experiences.

trapped37
on 8/18/11 2:25 am
That makes sense, your petite not short ;) and 160 to just be overweight is frustrating! Your right about the different procedures. I don't know anything about the VSG except for how the stomach looks after surgery. I never researched it the same as my RNY.
I wish we had a similiar program in the south end, i love the support, information etc you get from the clinic all the way through your journey! From beginning to ---? How long after surgery do you still attend?

Christina P.
on 8/16/11 4:23 pm - Canada
I am celebrating the fact that I am back on track with only 3 weeks left till surgery :(  I could feel my self-sabatage slipping in slowly and i was back to skipping the gym for excuses and eating junk but justifying it every night for about the last 3 weeks..

I am now back at the gym 2 days straight :) and two days haven't evening snacked.  The thought scared me when ijumped on the scale a few days ago and had gained 5 pounds :(  I am so close and do not want to sabatage that close to my date..  

Nervousness is now setting in a little bit before I block it out of my mind and tell it, its not allowed there

Congrats to all of you who have hit your goals :)  I have 25 lbs until I reach the ones :)

SURGERY Booked :  September 7, 2011
Renaissance
on 8/29/11 9:41 am
Hello Christina!

I am scheduled for the same surg. with the same surgeon on Sept. 20th. I am @ 233.4lbs. presently and have not been asked to go on any special pre-surgery diet. Nor am I scheduled to have any scopes or pre-surgery testing. I am very excited but nervous about my surgery to be absolutely honest. My heaviest weight was @ 172 lbs.  so I am done approx. 40lbs. from my heaviest. I am 55, and 5'2" so I am hoping to reach 165-170 lbs. which for someone younger probably sounds pretty high. lol You are obviously much younger, lol but despite the difference, I am very interested in hearing how your surgery and re-coup goes for you. I have purchased liquid calese sp? and have decided to really research recipes and prep for post-surg. meals. Have you had any exciting finds for recipes or neat tricks? My very best wishes for a quick recovery and continued success!
Renai
Sarahbear1
on 8/23/11 9:48 am - Edmonton, Canada
 i shared a few of my NSV a while back but i dont mind sharing agian :)

---i can wear a seatbelt comfortably  in my car now :) and my daughter loves to REMIND me that i can and should .... lol untill i PUT IT ON .... 
---When i flew to the states in june .. i needed a seatbelt extender...  My return flight in july ... I DID NOT :) 
---I am able to go on water slides and not be tired or out of breath after walking up all the stairs.
---I have amazing friends that are a wonderful support for me * LOVE YOU GUYS:)*
---i am in a size 2 x pants.. and 1/2 x shirt... just 6 months ago .. i was 5X for both. 
---My co workers are telling me my clothes are too big and are NOTICING my changes... in  my body..  my attitude .. and my eating habbits :)
--- I seem to be more outgoing. granted i was pretty outgoing before but it seems that people are returning the vibe :)

Starting weight was 330... now i am 257.9 whoohoo

Most Active