Prenatal Vitamins

genser
on 9/28/11 10:56 am
Hi All,
I forgot to ask about prenatal vitamins at the meeting Monday night.  What brand of prenatal vitamins is everyone taking?  They are huge and I am having trouble swallowing them.  Any suggestions?  What is everyone else doing? 

Jenn
Coopers_mom
on 9/28/11 11:22 am - Canada

I take Materna (when I remember to take them, I know it's bad), but I couldn't swallow them right out of surgery.  I started with a chewable multi-vitamin that I bought from GNC.  I still take the chewable ones sometimes but I much prefer the Materna and the Materna has more in it than the chewable ones.

Jill

FDL Abdominoplasty, Monsplasty, MR, Lipo to Flanks: August 18, 2011

Gizzys
on 9/29/11 12:20 am - Canada
Can you crunch up the Materna's I wonder?

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Silk911
on 9/29/11 3:39 am
Hi there,

I've taken the Materna vitamins since well before surgery.

After surgery though, I crushed them and mixed them with oatmeal, porridge, etc.

They crush just fine, but they won't dissolve in liquid... and taste horribly if you try it that way... really gritty...

I just crushed them and mixed them with two spoonfuls of oatmeal.... easy as pie to swallow, no aftertaste that way either...

Just don't mix it with the whole bowl... easiest way to ruin a perfectly good bowl of oatmeal... :)

Melody

genser
on 9/30/11 1:02 am
Thanks everyone, I will try crushing them up.  Thank you for all the feedback/ support!
Jenn
Shelley15
on 10/3/11 6:17 am
they may cause constipation. I know it did for me and it has been hard
Most Active