Dr Aceves

Missdede
on 9/6/12 4:23 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12
 I did it!!!  I booked my surgery today for October 10th, gahhhh!
 I am blessed that I am able to self pay.  Imy hubby and I leave Oct 9th, surgery the 10th, flight home to Edmonton the 13th.

Time to start looking at protein powders.

Dede
Kelly-AnneH
on 9/6/12 5:35 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Congratulations on your decision - life is wonderful on the losing side! You're going to love Drs Aceves and Campos and amazed at the quality of care at Almater hospital.

Don't buy too much in the way of protein powders yet. You'll be on clear fluids when you get home. The only local clear protein drinks I've been able to find are at Shoppers Drug Mart and come in 4-pack of lemon and orange. I won't lie - they don't taste fabulous, but they're about it.

Starting on day 6 you'll be allowed protein powders mixed with water. Whey Gourmet Raspberry (I found it at SaveOn) isn't bad. Vanilla whey mixed into diluted fruit juice or Hawaiin Punch (found at Dollarama of all places) is also decent. For some reason Crystal Light was vile during my first 6 weeks (is very common) but tastes fine now.

What part of the city are you in? I'm in the north end and would be happy to get together for coffee, and can give you some protein powder samples to get you started.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

jennyrenny
on 9/6/12 6:31 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 Congrats! Welcome to team Aceves! What are you having done? I think you've made a great choice. For my clear fluids stage I drank syntrax nectar. The lemonade and grapefruit are great. I get them at luckyvitamin.com. I think you can get them online in Canada but they are so cheap at luckyvitamin that it offsets the cost of shipping and there is a much larger variety.

Good luc****ep us posted!

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

Missdede
on 9/6/12 6:52 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12
 Thanks guys!  

Im having vsg surgery.

I am taking notes on all suggestions for protein powders so thanks!
Most Active