Amazing 2 years.

Keelan
on 9/21/12 7:45 pm
It's been 2 years today since I had my life saving/life changing VSG surgery with Dr. Birch. It has been an amazing journey and I'd do it all over again to become the person I am today.

Thanks to everyone who supported me and encouraged me throught out the last 2 years. I'm now looking forward to the rest of my life instead of watching it pass me by.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Hvfaith
on 9/22/12 7:44 pm - St Albert, Canada
 Well done!  I remember when you were just starting.  You were an inspiration.  Best wishes on the next part of this journey, we look forward to hearing is you go ahead with plastic surgery and if you do, I hope you'll share with us how it goes.  What does your typical food day look like now?

HW: 360 lbs; 1st Clinic Weighin: 343.7 lbs; SW: 318 lbs; LW 221lbs; Regain 256lbs  

Keelan
on 9/23/12 12:15 pm
God I can't believe it's been 2 years, some days it feels like I've just started this journey. I have already had a consult with Dr. Toy and have been given a price quote for the surgery I want to have. Now it's just to save for it cause I don't want to take out a loan.
I can pretty much eat what ever I want now but again still in moderation. Most meals are 1/2 to a 1 cup serving unless it's a slider food.

Breakfast I usually do 1 egg and 1 piece of Little Big Bread, it's smaller than regular Bread and make with sprouted grains. If not then I do the bread with peanut butter and banana on it. Morning snack if I have one is a piece of fruit .

Lunch it can be anything from salad to hummus with cracker, 1/2 cup of pasta and meat sauce, tuna or egg salad with crackers, chicken/shaved beef wrap or Chili with cheese.

Afternoon snack is fruit, cheese string or a turkey bite.

Supper can be anything from some type of meat or fish 1-3 oz with 1/4 cup of rice potato, couscous, pasta, with a few pieces of some type of vegetable. Sometimes if it;s just me I may just have a frozen dinner but always choose a high protein one.

If I have a night snack it can be anything from cereal, cracker, cheese string, jello or pudding cup, fruit, frozen fruit bar, granola, cheese slice. I find during the week I don't usually have this night snack cause supper is later but on the weekends when I'm up later I may have one.

Things like ice cream, chocolate, popcorn, chips, rice cakes, most types of desserts are sliders foods for me and I can eat a large amount. I still don't' drink pop and although some people do I'm scared so sometimes I have ice tea but mostly crystal light or Hawian punch to flavor my water. Some days I think my hungry signal is returning but I'm not sure it could just be acid in my tummy. My sleeve still like to talk to me and often can be heard across a room. I still take my prenatal vitamins and track my foods. I don't' always make the best choices but I am human and go off track sometime but thank god when I do my tummy is small so I can't gorge like I use too. Before if I went to KFC it would be a 4 piece meal with a large size fries and pop, a gray and salad. Now it's a chicken wing with about 6 or 8 fries and I'm done. The only think that has changed a lot is I sometimes eat faster than I use to and I have to tell myself to slow down. I still can't get 2 liters of liquid in, maybe 1 liter if I'm constantly sipping. Still hard to eat and drink, sometimes got to choose one over the other.

It's been a great journey.

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/12 9:48 pm
 If you don't mind me asking what is the cost of each procedure.... just to get an idea of what to save for in the future
Thks so much
Keelan
on 9/24/12 7:07 am
There is no set cost really other than the basic extra cost for a complete tummy tuck with the Albera Health portion covered for $6500. It all depends on what you want/need done and if it can be done as a combined procedure when you have the pannicultomy done. If not then it will cost more caues you will have to pay for the o.r. time, anestheic and nurses time.
I know people who have had just the basic done for $6500 and then somemore people have been quoted anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000.

Gizzys
on 9/24/12 12:33 am, edited 9/24/12 12:35 am - Canada
Great to hear from you.  Congrats on doing so well still at the 2-yr mark!  I think we all dread the day when we can eat more.  But at the same time we know its coming.  There is no way that we could survive forever with the amounts we eat early on.  I too find I can eat more and I am at the 11 month mark.  I have cheated with foods as well (especially carbs) and sometimes graze too much.  But I tell myself to smarten up and move forward.  I am glad to hear someone else say that they have never been able to get in all their water.  Neither have I.  Even before, I have never been a big drinker of anything.  I try my best to get in some liquid and so far I seem to be doing okay.  I am hoping to have a panni done later on next year once I am am maintaining.  I have a fear that I will regain (don't we all).  I am scared but I think I will regret it if I don't have it done. Again congrats on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Most Active