Dehydration.

Keelan
on 10/12/12 7:28 am
So I'm just a few weeks pass my 2nd surgery anniversary and I ended up in the hospital with dehydration issue. I've always had a hard time getting my fluids in but learned to function on less fluids well apparently my body could only take so such and decided to shut down. I had no kidney function therefore no out put of urine. I also had the rapid heart beat and cold sweats, dizziness and my brain was in a fog, I could even concentrate .
It's amazing how so far out from surgery you can still have complications. So I guess now I have to be more forceful with myself and get my fluid count up, some days I don't even drink a 500ml bottle of water. That had to change cause I don't want to go through this again. 
Wish me luck, cause I have a feeling I'm gonna need it.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

1crazy_cat_lady
on 10/14/12 9:37 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Good gravy, Kee!  I''m glad you're on the mend.  Please keep your fluids up!
Gizzys
on 10/15/12 12:09 am - Canada
Oh my...I hope you feel better soon.  Hearing your story is a wake up call for me too because I have never had a good fluid intake.  I am also lucky if I get in a 500 ml bottle of liquid a day.  I also don't seem to have any negative effects from the less intake, but it doesn't mean I won't in the future.  Eek!  Take care of yourself...

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

kiki47
on 10/23/12 3:37 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
It is so important to get your fluids in... even having soup helps. I feel for you. I was a huge water drinker and then started having issues with naseau. I ended up having an ulcer and it caused a lot of issues... just the taste of water made me ill. I ended up in the hospital 3 times.. Just one day at a time and drink whatever you can get down.I take sips whenever I can.

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/25/12 3:52 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
How are you doing now Kee? Keeping those fluids up?

I'm not huge on water myself although I'll drink filtered, so I fill in with Syntrax shakes, Hawaiian Punch (can't handle Crystal Light anymore), Mio, coffee and herbal tea.

Kelly-Anne (in Honalulu)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Keelan
on 10/25/12 11:10 pm

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. It's been a rough 2 weeks since being dehydrated. I ended up with an inner ear infection which I took antibiotics for and then the day after I finished my last pill I ended up with a head cold that has now turned into a sinus infection so once again I'm on another round of antibiotics. It's hard to stay hydrated when you have a fever and I'm so desperately trying. Plain water is hard to get down so I do flavors and sometime I use the 10 calorie cranberry as flavor and the Hawaiian punch.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/26/12 6:35 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Broth? Tea? Coffee? More broth?

I hope you're feeling much better soon!

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Gizzys
on 10/25/12 11:45 pm - Canada

Ugh...I hope you feel better soon.  This is a rotten time of year for sickness and being dehydrated doesn't help.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Most Active