One Month Update

Speedtrap
on 12/7/12 2:16 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12

Well here I am one month later Surgery was on Nov 9th.

In the last 30 days I have lost over 25 lbs from my pre op weigh in.  I Feel fantastic and am slowly learning how to get all my Protein in.  Recovery was very fast and I was up and doing light housework in 4 days (Including 2 days at the hospital).

The hardest part for me at this point is trying to eat enough.  The whole never feeling hunger thing is pretty cool.  I love being able to say to NO when people ask if I am hungry.

I have stuck very close to my plan and found out that the small of pizza no longer agrees with me after we had family over and they brought pizza for dinner, I had to leave the room.  The one thing my nutritionist stressed to me was I can still eat all the same foods as I could before, I just eat much less of them.  I was never a big popcorn,chip person before and I have not really touched them in the last month.  I did have a small brownie one evening at a Christmas event, but other than that I eat protein first and veg second if I can fit it in.  I have not touched anything caffeinated in over a month and nothing carbonated, although I have been tempted by beer.

This month has gone so well I cannot wait to see how the next month goes.  My only regret is not doing this sooner.  As of today my BMI is 30.6 and I look forward to only being overweight in the new year or sooner.

Gizzys
on 12/7/12 4:14 am - Canada

Awesome!  You are doing great.  Enjoy the ride...

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

mornings
on 12/8/12 5:30 am - Canada

awe such great news your so very lucky to  have this over with   im currently waiting for my call for surgery with Dr Davey  im hoping   i am done by the end of january    none the less   i was happy to see You post many times   iv'e wondered how you got along  your  a inspiration to   people who seek answers to there questions     , take care and great job before you know you will have  reached your goal im sure

Spencerella
on 12/11/12 12:19 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12
Wonderful, inspiring post. You got this!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active