Plan follow before with Dr. Nohr?

mani_heart
on 2/28/13 3:51 am
RNY on 03/18/13

Those that have seen Dr. Nohr, did you have any type of plan that you had to follow prior to surgery day ?  I have been reading about this but haven't received instruction from Dr. Nohr.  

Eeeekkk - 18 more sleeps!!

mani_heart
on 2/28/13 4:48 am
RNY on 03/18/13

Never mind - coincidentally, I just got a call from admission and I don't have to follow anything except for fasting from midnight the night before.  This is really starting to become reality!

Gizzys
on 2/28/13 6:37 am - Canada

Have you already had your pre-surgery blood work done for Dr. Nohr?  I remember having to get some done about 2-3 weeks before surgery.  I know Dr. Nohr doesn't require a fast before surgery to shrink the liver.  I did a bit of one anyways and lost 5 lbs before my surgery date.

Good luck!  Your date is around the corner.  It'll be here before you know it.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

mani_heart
on 2/28/13 1:03 pm
RNY on 03/18/13

I have to go for my bloodwork on Tuesday.  Where are you from Giselle?

hereitgoes
on 2/28/13 11:21 am
Awesome news for you!! I am curious to know, how long did this process take you from beginning to end? Please keep us posted after as well. What surgery did uou decide on?
mani_heart
on 2/28/13 1:06 pm
RNY on 03/18/13

:)  I was referred to Dr. Nohr 3 years ago, however, was called 3 times to go in for earlier surgery as I was on the cancellation list but things just didn't work out for me to be able to go in on short notice at the time of their calls.  

Dr. Nohr decided open RNY for me so that's what I am going with. 

Gizzys
on 3/1/13 12:13 am - Canada

I had lap RNY done by Dr. Nohr back in October 2011.  I am from Lethbridge.  I have a panni booked with Dr. Nohr in June.  Excited and scared at the same time...Ugh!

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Calla Lily
on 3/2/13 2:04 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Good luck and cheers to a speedy recovery! I'm from Calgary, but went to dr Nohr in med hat for my Rny 13 months ago. My instructions were the same as yours, no eating or drinking past midnight the night before. I have a consult with him coming up on april 4 for a panni.

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

mani_heart
on 3/7/13 4:30 am
RNY on 03/18/13

This is all becoming a reality!  Went for my pre-op bloodwork yesterday . 

11 more sleeps!!!  

Most Active